PDA

View Full Version : BAstard Mechanic

My 89 Accord Lxi
11-11-2002, 06:05 AM
this mutha f*cka is charging 60 dollars to put on a f*cking altenator and my mom keeps bugging me about letting them do it ...yeah right

Greg
11-11-2002, 08:45 AM
Is it on a 3G accord? Because the alternator job on a 3G is sort-of a pain in the ass. I mean, you either have to pull an axle to get the thing out or clear some shit that's behind and above the transaxle. Anyway, it's not like it's right up top and easy to access. The job takes more time than like a Camry alternator or a Sentra or a 4G Accord.

I worked at a shop for almost a year that charged $60/hr labor cost, and I know they'd charge AT LEAST an hour on a 3G alternator. Probably more like 1.5 hrs.

87accordlxph
11-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Bud,

I think that's a fair price considering what he has to do to get to it!!! Like disconnect the air cleaner and a couple vaccume hoses.
It's all in the labor. Make sure he doesn't break something else while he does it to over charge you. I got screwed many times so it said F it! I'll do it myself cause you can't trust NOBODY!!!!

BE CAREFUL!

Try to do it yourself.

-Mike

anchovies
11-11-2002, 11:09 AM
$60 is quite cheap for labor for alternator. Try and do it yourself then.

1988starter
11-11-2002, 01:46 PM
why are you complaining

88WhiteLX-i
11-11-2002, 10:34 PM
Dude just try it yourself. REmove as much shit as you can FROM THE TOP, and see if you can get at it. Most likely you'll be able to get at it from the top.

89LXiCoupe
11-11-2002, 11:42 PM
I'd probably take 2 hours off of my lifetime to help you if you didn't live across the country from me. I think it's best for you to learn and do things yourself. For me, I still have a lot to learn about my car. I've done the alternator once and I admit that it was a pain for me.

smufguy
11-12-2002, 08:14 AM
i am pretty sure u know how to take an altenator off of a 3g cause its in the faq and more than a million fucking threads have been posted about that. dig em out and see how its done.

hahahaha, i love threads like this on the tech forum.