PDA

View Full Version : **please Read**

89lxi95zx7
11-11-2002, 09:13 AM
OK heres the situation,i had the local garage put a new radiator in my car,they put new thermostat an ant-freeze in it(total $188.00),it hs 114,000 on it.they test drove it after fix,it ran fine.5 miles down the rode the engine totally blows.Are they at fault?There not taking any responsibility at all.Garage owner said he found me an a20a3 fi w/ 70k on it for $400,and he'll put it in for$350.Already put like $1500 in it in the last 3 months.What the fuck should I do?the fucken thing never burned or leaked any oil since i owned it.

loco87
11-11-2002, 09:21 AM
they should be at fault cause it was in their shop, or at least hook it up with the labor to put the other engine in.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-11-2002, 09:31 AM
did it have any problems before you brough it there?

89lxi95zx7
11-11-2002, 09:50 AM
none,it was heating up,never actually overheated,it was sticky thermostat which caused rad. to blow i think.i heard from friend that if the put stat. in upside down,it could blow motor,any truth to that?

87Hybrid
11-11-2002, 03:53 PM
what blew? Head gasket? rod? timing belt? and who was driving it when it blew? If it was a shop employee then yes it is their fault. If it was you it may be hard to prove that you didn't over rev it. Have them put the motor in but take the old motor to a different shop and have them tell you why it blew and when the mechanic says that it was negliance on the other shops part take them to small claims court and get the money back for the motor the install and the diagnosis of the blewn motor.

BoredRec
11-11-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by loco87
they should be at fault cause it was in their shop, or at least hook it up with the labor to put the other engine in.

Fuck off! I hate people with that attitude, just cuz the mechanic touched it last does not mean it was his/her fault.

You need to find out what caused the engine to blow up. Take it to another shop for their opinion, don't mention what was down previous, just tell them it blew and what caused it. When they figure it out have them put it in writing. If it was something related to what the previous mechanic did then talk to them about it. If you have to, threaten legal action. Talk to Consumer Affairs. But make sure you know it was related to what they did. There are some times when shit just happens.

Neuspeed87lx
11-11-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by BoredRec

Fuck off! I hate people with that attitude, just cuz the mechanic touched it last does not mean it was his/her fault.

You need to find out what caused the engine to blow up. Take it to another shop for their opinion, don't mention what was down previous, just tell them it blew and what caused it. When they figure it out have them put it in writing. If it was something related to what the previous mechanic did then talk to them about it. If you have to, threaten legal action. Talk to Consumer Affairs. But make sure you know it was related to what they did. There are some times when shit just happens.

i agree with that ..just because they had it last dosent mean its their fault....i would take the motor to get looked at ..then if its proven that is blew because of abuse ....then i would go after the mechanic

89lxi95zx7
11-12-2002, 05:07 AM
thanks guys,i'm going to talk to mechanic today,hope i don't beat his ass.

RobT5580
11-12-2002, 10:31 AM
Your just gonna get in a big run around thats why i do all my work myself. I had a horrible mechanic and i know the damage was caused by him but got such a run around so i gave up and got a honda service manual and do it all myself. I found a shit load of missing bolts, covers, used tie raps on my cv boot which i cold have done myself for less than $80 labor. In the end i ended up with a blown tranny and a engine leaking oil which it wasnt when i dropped it off. Needless to say i found out the hard way and he tends to get rocks thrown through his windows all the time and none by me. He also has a bad reputation everywhere i have been.