PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard goodie

running strong
09-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Check out what I found at the junkyard.

Too bad there weren't any with cup holders.

I am happy though, what do you all think?

Dr_Snooz
09-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Do the hinge and latch work? If so, you did well. Are you going to keep it or sell it?

running strong
09-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Yea they both work. I'm definitely keeping it, looks great in the car. I saw that and knew that i needed to take it because it's in great condition. perfect fit, perfect color, and the nicest part of the car haha

derolph
09-19-2013, 06:28 AM
Are these only found on Accords or would one from a Prelude fit?

running strong
09-19-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure if the Preludes have them, they probably do. I found this one in an Accord.

derolph
09-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Do you know what year and version (DX, LX, etc.) it was? Apparently, a rather limited number of 3rd gen Accords had the armrests.

running strong
09-19-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure if it was standard in the car that i took it from because it's the sameas mine, 89 Accord DX coupe. That was the only part that was different in that car then mine. There was also an LX-I that had one too, but that one was all torn up and broken.

derolph
09-19-2013, 03:16 PM
OK, thanks much for that info. I might do some searching here in central Ohio.

Dr_Snooz
09-19-2013, 06:47 PM
There were two armrests. One came only on the SE-i, which is the one pictured above. The other was a dealer installed option. It wasn't very well made and tends to break quickly.

Legend_master
09-21-2013, 08:48 AM
There were two armrests. One came only on the SE-i, which is the one pictured above. The other was a dealer installed option. It wasn't very well made and tends to break quickly.

They couldn't be SE-i only cause I have a blue one, and I don't think the SE-i ever came in Blue interior. I second the crappy quality of the add on, they work, but look really cheesy.

running strong
09-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Yea, i got lucky, although i don't think that it looks bad, i think it looks good. That may just be me though. Where is the most common place that they break?

charliekuney
09-28-2013, 10:30 AM
They couldn't be SE-i only cause I have a blue one, and I don't think the SE-i ever came in Blue interior. I second the crappy quality of the add on, they work, but look really cheesy.

I cannot believe the armrest idea is still so unknown...ALL models had options for armrests, any color. Whether they got them is another story. SE-i's were the only model to come standard with armrests.

2oodoor
09-28-2013, 02:55 PM
For what it's worth Ive gotten the good armrest console from models other than Sei but they were cloth not leather.

Dr_Snooz
09-28-2013, 08:06 PM
I cannot believe the armrest idea is still so unknown...ALL models had options for armrests, any color. Whether they got them is another story. SE-i's were the only model to come standard with armrests.

Isn't that what we were saying?

charliekuney
10-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Isn't that what we were saying?

Yes, I wasn't replying to correct, just to emphasize. lol, don't always assume I'm correcting. ;)