PDA

View Full Version : My car is Totaled

MessyHonda
09-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Well my other car is totaled.

Yesterday while I was waiting at a red light some one in a Jetta rear ended me. It pushed my car to the car in front of me. I have whiplash and right now my back and neck are sore. They took me to the Hospital to go get X-Rays. They came back ok just bruised neck, right hip and left ankle. Im going to take the next days off. Now my car is totaled. I will have to deal with the Insurance. Now to see what kind of car to get. I need something fuel efficient. Any tips on how to deal with insurance companies?

pics: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/null_zps946e9b96.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Messybone/media/null_zps946e9b96.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/null_zpsbeb4f354.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Messybone/media/null_zpsbeb4f354.jpg.html)

import racer
09-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Holy shit man,sorry to hear about you're ride,glad to hear you're ok.so u done with 3gees or gonna pick up another one later!I hate to see all that work u did go to waste!

Dr_Snooz
09-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Bro, that's super sucko! Hope you get to feeling better soon and good luck slaying the insurance dragon.

running strong
09-18-2013, 06:46 PM
That's harsh man, sorry to hear and see that. Good luck dealing with insurance, they are hard. You should pick upanother 3g if you want good gas mileage. They are fun to drive too

HLW
09-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Holy shit man,sorry to hear about you're ride,glad to hear you're ok.so u done with 3gees or gonna pick up another one later!I hate to see all that work u did go to waste!

That's harsh man, sorry to hear and see that. Good luck dealing with insurance, they are hard. You should pick upanother 3g if you want good gas mileage. They are fun to drive too

Guys, The totaled car in the pics is not his 3g. It looks like its his 2004 Accord listed in his signature.

Messy, I'm glad your injuries are not more serious than they are. Take care, and get well soon.

Each insurance company I've dealt with has been different, some are easy to deal with and some are very difficult. Since you were injured, it may be a good idea to consult a lawyer. Lawyers will get you the best settlement possible but some of it will go to the lawyer. Just remember that the insurance company will try to low-ball you on everything. Personally I've dealt with Mercury (PIA), State Farm (difficult but not quite PIA) and Farmers (Not too bad).

2oodoor
09-19-2013, 12:09 AM
Im glad you are somewhat ok, geez that was hella impact on your body head to toe. Too bad on the car but at least it wasn't your good car :)

mattisonfire
09-19-2013, 06:37 AM
People are fucking crackheads.

MessyHonda
09-19-2013, 11:17 AM
well its been 2 days and Im still sore. I found out my Insurance does not cover rentals so I will have to use the 3gee as a DD. So far I have to call in my credit union to see how much I owe on the car. The police report will take 1 week to get so I don't even know what to do. I would like to go talk to a Lawyer and see what I can do.

running strong
09-19-2013, 02:32 PM
I would, since you were hit, it should be covered.

niles
09-19-2013, 07:44 PM
More 3gee!

Rendon LX-i
09-21-2013, 03:11 PM
dang bro at least your ok.

2ndGenGuy
09-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Sucks man! Glad you are okay. YOUR insurance may not cover rentals. But call his insurance company and DEMAND one. He does owe you for a vehicle while yours is down and everything. That's what liability coverage is for. Unless he doesn't have insurance, well then I guess you're screwed. But then, I would think that under-insured, or uninsured motorist should cover that.

MessyHonda
09-22-2013, 06:02 PM
I found out his Insurance information because i had the officer who took the report down give me his information. I have called his insurance company and they already had an open claim but the adjuster that is assigned to me has not called me back. I dont have money to Pay out of pocket for my own car rental. I would rather spend it on the 3gee. Im going to call them back tomorrow. I need to find out what to do next with the insurance company.

lostforawhile
09-22-2013, 11:46 PM
dont screw around plenty of lawyers will take the case on commission, there is no reason his insurance isnt providing you a rental car

Pico
09-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Sorry to hear about this Jesse.
Stay on top of your insurance company and of the insurance company of the person that hit you.
dont take the first offer that they give you..

MessyHonda
09-23-2013, 09:26 PM
I got a call today his insurance does cover rentals but I would have to pay out of pocket and they only cover Enterprise. I would rather drive my 3gee to work anyways.

charliekuney
09-28-2013, 10:27 AM
MESSY, DO NOT LET ANYTHING WALK AWAY FROM YOU. My biggest regret from my accident was not being on top of my injuries and claims, and now I get to deal with the pain and expenses for the rest of my life. Fucking brilliant.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Damn Jesse! Sorry to hear about this man... I havent been on here in a while and almost thought it was your 3g when I first read the title. Just make sure you get the attention you need for your injuries as I have had a couple from car accidents in the past and they can linger for a long time. Not exactly sure how insurance companies work down there but dont sign off on anything until you are 100% certain you are better or they are offering you a proper settlement.

1ajs
10-27-2013, 08:11 PM
messy go see a massage therapist