PDA

View Full Version : NO FUEL!!! But Why?

A20A1
05-13-2002, 10:52 PM
Ok... this is driving me mad.

At first I thought I had an RMP fuel-cut... but I'm thinking this wasn't the case.

first symptom... driving on higway pretty fast with rpms above fuel cut... car sputters and then goes again... the sputters and nearly dies so I let off the gas a bit more, and I coast to the shoulder lane.

I sputter my way home barely making enough power to go over 25mph.

I'm thniking it's either:

Clogged fuel system or carb
Wire is loose? (I notticed some dash lights didn't work)
Bad Fuel Pump

or the oil pressure sender is telling my car to shut down even though the light isn't coming on... I doubt this one though.

Sigh... I'll have to take off work and fix the car.
:crying:

ACCORD EX
05-14-2002, 02:13 AM
why did you pass the fuel cut ?? :eek:

it happened to me but my car was working on 3 cyl !! a spark plug cable was loose ! ( after crusing @ 100 mph ! ) the little metal thing got off the spark plug and stuck in the cable boot !

just thought ! hope it helps ! :(

MIKE

A20A1
05-14-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeah I know what you mean about the plugs, but it's like the fuel pump is deciding to cut off just any time it pleases... My car would run perfect for like a few minuets and then stop... all below 3,000 rpm.

ACCORD EX
05-14-2002, 01:11 PM
may be the sensor that cuts the fuel after a certain rev is stuck or something ! just a thought ! :confused:

MIKE

locknload68
05-14-2002, 01:29 PM
Sounds like a bad pump. My cousin's car would do that. Driving down the highway and the engine would stop, then start back up. Then it wouldn't do it for a while and all the sudden do it again.

87accordlxph
05-14-2002, 02:21 PM
I agree w/ locknload68

If you do a fuel pressure test Mike then maybe it's the pump, fuel filter or maybe fuel pressure regulator that's causing the problem.

-Mike

A20A1
05-14-2002, 02:27 PM
Yeah I found the problem...

It was the Float assembly... the brass fitting above the needle was unsrewed so it put pressure on the float needle and shut itself off. :mad:

I fifxed it for now... i don't want to use locktite cause I may want to dissasemble it later on.

POS carb
05-17-2002, 02:03 PM
on the weber?

A20A1
05-17-2002, 06:58 PM
yeah on the weber