PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wiper Problem!!

88WhiteLX-i
11-11-2002, 10:38 PM
Every time it rains where I live when I goto turn on my windshield wipers the fucking things chatter like a fucking whore. iam so pissed too because they don't even wipe away the water. On the highway I can barely see because they aren't even wiping the water off the windshield. My question was why are they chattering??? Is it a problem with just the wiper, or I was thinking that the spring that hold the wiper to the windshiled is bad and it's not pushing it against the windshield hard enough and thus you get chatter... Am I right?? Does anyone have this problem and how did you go about fixing it?? THanks GUYS!!!:super:

cruznz
11-11-2002, 11:27 PM
try changing your blades......

89LXiCoupe
11-11-2002, 11:35 PM
Try some new blades and while you're at it, apply some Rainix on your windshield. That would really help a lot. I hardly use my wipers thanks to Rainix.

ACCORD EX
11-12-2002, 02:38 AM
yeah new blades first !

MIKE

shepherd79
11-12-2002, 05:14 AM
dude, i tried many blades and non of them worked.
then i tried the Bosch ones, oh man they are sweet.
they work good. nice and clean wipe.
get Bosch and you won't be sorry.

smufguy
11-12-2002, 08:11 AM
rainX is the best. After i bought it, tried it, man.... after every car wash, i never take my car out without it. For under 3 bucks its a huge help esp in winter rain and fog. That is one hella good innovation.

I alwyas used that AE some winter blades. they never gave me a problem and they are like 5 something for each blade from Pep Boys. I change em every 6 months and 10 bucks and change for twice a year is not a huge investment.

If the arms are bad and the springs are crapped out, get a junk. i have never seen a 3g or even a honda wiper go bad unlike the Toyota trecel ones which are a piece of shit and the y all rust like fck

88WhiteLX-i
11-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Alright thanks guys, Iam gonna buy some new blades and then Iam gonna try that RAin X shit and see how it works.. THANKS!!!!

89LXiCoupe
11-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by 88WhiteLX-i
Alright thanks guys, Iam gonna buy some new blades and then Iam gonna try that RAin X shit and see how it works.. THANKS!!!!

Clean your windshield first before you put Rainix on. Then treat the Rainix as if it was just some kind of window cleaner. You get my drift?

DBMaster
11-13-2002, 05:20 AM
One thing I have heard cleans road film off really well is Bon-Ami cleanser in the gold can. It has a VERY mild abrasive that cleans without scratching. I use Rain-X a lot and it definitely reduces the need for the wipers.

The best and longest lasting wiper/blade combo I have found, believe it or not, is a Honda factory blade and a Lexor insert. You can get the blade from Manhonda.com for about $5. When you replace the rubber after about a year go to Wal Mart and buy a pair of Lexor inserts for $4.50. You won't be sorry. Bosch blades are good for a few months, but their performance degrades way faster than what I have mentioned. You still need to get into the habit of putting new rubber in them once a year. Then you won't be one of the hordes running to the auto parts place to buy wiper blades every time it rains.

ACCORD EX
11-13-2002, 05:23 AM
i use bosch they are ok ! but i replace them every year because they go bad in the summer !

MIKE

88WhiteLX-i
11-13-2002, 03:45 PM
I actually didn't buy Bosch blades I bought ones that were made out of Silicone. It says they last the life of the car, but Iam just hoping to get like a year out of them. I do need to clean my windshield and get that road grime off of it. The wipers work perfect now, but the water gets stuck on the grime.