PDA

View Full Version : Ecu

mig88lxi
11-12-2002, 01:49 PM
I just replaced my old throttle body with another one, and now my car accelerates all the way to 2000 when i start it cold and it doesnt come down. And the ECU code it gives me is 12, something wrong with my EGR. Can anyone help me?? I have a 88 accord lxi fuel inject

cruznz
11-12-2002, 03:48 PM
If it was running ok before...check EGR vacum lines and electrical connections first

mig88lxi
11-12-2002, 04:10 PM
which are the EGR vaccum lines??? I know i disconnected some hoses to remove the throttle body, but i swore i put all the hoses back. Where exactly are the vaccum lines?? thanxs for your help. Hope i didnt fuck up the car trying to save money and gain knowledge at the same time.

Sean
11-12-2002, 10:30 PM
just check in the back of a chiltons they should have a vacum scehmatic you can refernce for sure. id assume that most likely you now have an egr valve open all the time orrrr the other possiabiltiy is that the idle air bypass screw ont eh new TB is out to far cuasing the racing idel what did the TB come off of ?

Kevin
11-13-2002, 11:54 AM
I have the same problem!!! But with mine after like 20 mins of driving it drops down!!But i punch it punch it hard and go through the gears it goes back to chillin @ 2000!!!I dont have an EGR- I took mine out and the car runs a hell of lot better!!!!

mig88lxi
11-15-2002, 12:48 PM
thanxs all, i already fixed it, it was the screw on the idle wire i tightend it to much. The first surgery ive done on the car was succesful. Now its running smooth all i need now is an exhaust.