PDA

View Full Version : best foglights?

89accordboi
11-12-2002, 05:31 PM
what do u think are the best looking fog lights for an 89 lx sedan? (dont say piaa i want resonable priced ones ;) )

:pimp:

Defiant[YD]
11-12-2002, 09:16 PM
haha, Ultraline blue fogs from walmart! $60 canadian!!! haha, just my opinion cuz i like those.

89accordboi
11-13-2002, 08:51 AM
SHES UGLY!! my gf is better :P

Mike's89AccordLX
11-13-2002, 09:18 AM
The ones from wal-mart are known to break. Make sure you secure all of the wires to some engine wires. The wires are so freaken long that they shake loose and drag on the ground.

markmdz89hatch
11-13-2002, 09:55 AM
Pilot makes some good (inexpensive) fog lights

pmip
11-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I have some Pilot driving lights, and they are pretty good.

kudd
11-13-2002, 10:15 AM
How do you guys wire your lights? Do they have their own toggle switch so they can be on or off no matter what the headlights are doing? Or do ya wire them to one of the wires so they only work with a certian headlight beam shining? (I had a Subie w/fogs that only worked when low beams were on.)

pmip
11-13-2002, 10:45 AM
I wired mine so that the power was coming from the defrost button, then to a lighted switch. That way I can turn them on and off anytime I want to when the car is on, but when the car is turned off, they shut off automatically no matter which position the switch is in.

kudd
11-13-2002, 11:53 AM
Thanks! Good idea too!! I like to run my lights during daylight, but I like the looks of 3-gee with lights concealed. So if I wire like you did I'll be able to keep flips down and I won't be leaving drivers on all the time. Nice!

Haolerot
11-13-2002, 12:25 PM
I bought these ones from wal-mart, REMOTE CONTROL!!!!! $45

89accordboi
11-13-2002, 03:15 PM
lol my brother got some pilot fog lights for his 98 kia sephia and he has the switch under his windshield wipers... fucking beaner :P

Coroncho80
11-14-2002, 05:28 AM
I forgot what brand mines are, but they are cool as hell, right mark............ :D I have them hooked up to a separate switch with the hood lights. If you are looking a them from far they are crystal blue, but if you are really close, it has a combination of colors and it looks like a rainbow or something. Just and advise to all of you guys out there. When you have extra lights on your car, could you make sure they MATCH!!!!!!!!!! If you have a white car for example, don't put yellow fog lights and red hood lights, etc.... you get my point. That looks so RICE! to my opinion. Just go with the same tone of color.

Here is a poor shot of my fog lights:

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/259000-259999/259704_5_full.jpg

87AccordsterLx
11-14-2002, 09:53 AM
I use to have a set of PIAA HID's... holy shit those lights were incredible... well.. I was driving kinda fast one day... *cough* *street racing* ... .and we saw a cop so I swerved into this parking lot and I kinda hit the hit ground on the way into the parking lot and shattered them.... :( but I had/have my lights setup so I when I turn my headlights and or parking lights the 2 front blinker lights come on and stay on... I had the fog lights wired to the cornermarker signal so when I turned my headlights on ... you would see 6 lights.. it was incredible... it looked so beautiful at night... I could see the ground all around me like one big light instead of two little beams... I had hyperwhites in the blinkers so now Im working on getting another set of fogs and a headlight coversion... damn it looked so cool when I just turned on the parking lights and you saw 4 lights and the headlights were down... Im doing that shit again 4 sure...

Mike89Accordcom
11-14-2002, 12:30 PM
I have PIAA, Catz is also a great company. You will pay more for these 2 though, they are nice.

pmip
11-14-2002, 12:36 PM
Basically, if you want the lights to actually do something (light up the road the way they are supposed to), spend the extra money and get PIAA or Catz. If your getting them just because of looks, get some cheap ones from walmart. I got pilot ones from advanced auto parts, and they look cool, but don't do shit for lighting up the road.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
11-14-2002, 08:08 PM
Go With Pilot :cool: