PDA

View Full Version : why is it....

seancornelis
05-14-2002, 08:01 AM
That in some cars with a manual transmission when you let off the gas completely in gear the car will kind of "rock" back and forth?? Some cars I've driven didn't do it at all, others I had to go out of my way to prevent it. I always kind of assumed it was either worn tranny/engines mounts or shocks, but does anyone exactly what it is?

ACCORD EX
05-14-2002, 08:08 AM
you mean while driving and leave the gas suddenly and fast !?

MIKE

seancornelis
05-14-2002, 08:53 AM
No, let's just say like a normal downshift, 4th to 3rd, the car is at low rpms and you let it slow itself down without the brakes.

Jdub07
05-14-2002, 09:14 AM
I haven't noticed that. Maybe your downshifting to slow?

ACCORD EX
05-14-2002, 01:23 PM
aha you mean like dirty gas git into the engine or filter are clogged ! ?

MIKE

PhydeauX
05-14-2002, 04:10 PM
Does the car have a rough idle? I have a lopey idle from my cam and it causes that, only in first and second. Its not really that bad, just kinda surges and backs of slightly. I can also stab the gas while its doing that and break the tires loose so I won't say I'm complaining :).

andy

seancornelis
05-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Nope, no rough idle....although the symptoms sound exactly the same. I've noticed Hondas generally don't do it....or at least it's hardly noticeable. Picture it like this -- when you shift gears while accelerating your car you'll see the nose slightly dip because weight is being transferred off the rear, and when you put the car back in gear and get back on the gas it will lift slightly and you'll feel like you're getting pushed back, a little bit at least....picture when i leave my car in 4th gear, decelerating at about 2200rpms it will feel like this is going on in a constant cycle, back and forth and very quickly....plus I hear a clanking noise from the rear end. If I let off the throttle at higher RPMs it's fine.

Ah who cares, I need another Honda......f--- Nissan!

Hoshizakido
05-14-2002, 09:24 PM
im guessin a back pressure problem