PDA

View Full Version : b20a cluch and flywheel

BOLINKXR-89LXI
11-12-2002, 05:55 PM
:confused: iv got my b20a with out the transmission so i went on a search and found the tranny now i need a cluch and fly wheel .
my ? is will a b20a5 cluch and fly wheel fit and work on my b20a or do I have to find the one that gos with it THANKS:help:

YK86
11-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Were did you find a tranny for it online?? You can use the B20A5 but it has a problem with sticking out a bit too far (atleast in my case). With the clutch installed, it rubs on the bellhousing so you need to grind parts of the bellhousing. But if there is a wrecker near you, I would double check everything first before buying (like actually comparing the crank bolt pattern) to make sure of the fittiment. What are you going to do about ECU and stuff???

BOLINKXR-89LXI
11-12-2002, 08:41 PM
:flash: I am in CA here you can find anything just make some phone call talk to some people. I got my b20a from an jdm engine shop there are a lot of them out here for $250 bucks most shops dont no the engine is for an accord. The only thing they no is that it dosent fit on a pralude. It came with a free automatic tranny that I have no interest in using so I went to another jdm engine shop that has a lot of trannys and he told me that he had a odd b20a tranny that was differnt from the others so I went home and printed the pic I found on here and went back and it was the one I needed so he gave it to me for $75 bucks with no warranty I was vary happy with that price. I havent found an ecu yet but I ran in to a guy at the honda junk yard and hes got a frind over seas that hooks him up with hard go get jdm parts im whating to get back with him soon on the ecu my plan is to use the harness in my car for the swaps as soon as I get all the stuff together then Ill get start I am so stoked:flash: :tongue:

YK86
11-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Sounds good! You might as well try and get a JDM flywheel too if your going to order the ECU overseas. Less hassles. If you need the part numbers for the two, I can post those up. Any pics?? I'd love to see your motor/tranny. Did you get the 88/89 black valve cover B20A??

BOLINKXR-89LXI
11-12-2002, 09:13 PM
:smokin: my engine is an 88/89 black top the guy I got the engine from had one more gold top with an auto im gessing for the same price iv got lots of pics but i dont no how to post them Im still lerning how to use this site :tongue: :rice:

YK86
11-12-2002, 11:03 PM
You can send them to me at [email protected] If you have an image hosting account, get the link to the pic and type {img}insert link here{/img} but instead of { }use [ ]

MoonScryer
11-13-2002, 06:55 PM
You are one lucky mofo. Gold top you found from this guy have an automatic? This shop and guy got names? Some of us want auto's.

BOLINKXR-89LXI
11-13-2002, 10:01 PM
:tongue: iv got the auto b20a I got off my engine I need to get rid of it im in CA and the shipping mite be a little costly if you no eneyone else looking for one send them my way.

I need a little time to get my pics together and shrink then down than ill send them to that web address thanks yk86:smokin: :rice:

pric
11-18-2002, 12:22 PM
You are one lucky mofo. Gold top you found from this guy have an automatic? This shop and guy got names? Some of us want auto's.

Ditto! Name and # would be nice please. I'm looking for A B20A auto. Maybe getting an SE-i body.:wave: