PDA

View Full Version : Power Window problem

john_ds
11-12-2002, 08:47 PM
My car is a 1988 Honda Accord LX 4-door sedan. The problem is the rear left power window was stuck at the half way up point. All the other windows work fine. This happened once before several months ago but that time I only had to play with the control for a few minutes and it worked fine again. This time it stayed down for two days! Nothing I tried worked to get it to roll up. I tried from the main control panel on the drivers door and the rear control on the passenger door. Then after two days and numerous tries without success, I gave it one last attempt when I got home from work before going in for the night as I had for the past two day since it stopped functioning. I would keep trying to get it to roll up periodically as I drove home too. When I got home before shutting off the ignition I tried and it rolled up! It was like nothing had ever been wrong. It rolled up and down I could use either master control, and the door control.
Does anybody know what could have caused this and what I should do to fix it so it doesn't happen again?

Thanks, John

Cmac-19
11-12-2002, 09:02 PM
mine used to do it but, i found out that my window somtimes slipped off track......might be that...or could be the panel isnt working right....

anchovies
11-13-2002, 12:15 AM
Do you hear the motor?

john_ds
11-13-2002, 02:03 AM
No sound from the motor

anchovies
11-13-2002, 02:29 AM
Then you found the problem. Most probably the motor's shot.

OldSchoolSwap
11-13-2002, 06:14 AM
I have 2 rear power window motors available. http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8391

john_ds
11-13-2002, 12:19 PM
But if it was the motor, why did it start functioning again after a couple of days like nothing had been wrong with it? I also thought it was the motor until that happened. Could it be a loose wire or a fuse? I noticed that my clock's LCD display disappeared also but it hasn't lit since the window started working again. Could there be a problem that effected both. The battery is new so I know that can't be the problem. The antenna goes up and down fine radio works but doesn't display any channels and the gear shift light doesn't work either. Also something new ......when I turned the headlights on the right headlight bobbed up and down several times before locking into the upright position. Then when I got home and turned them off only the left went down the right one stayed up but the light went off. This morning when I started the car up the light went down and I tried them several times and now they work fine again. Short of my car being possessed LOL what could it be?