PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of brakes... What about those litte screws?

dosh8er
11-12-2002, 09:09 PM
I was wondering.. My neighbor, who has a civic (96 i think.. yuck) was talking to me while I was working on my brakes a while back. He said that those little screws that hold the disc onto the hub are important... well.. damn.. shit outta luck.. I've only got one.. and then none on the other side.. (the backs.. i don't think they have an even amt. either)

so, he siad that was important.. I thought.. naw.. the goddamn wheel holds that thing snug when you tighten down the lugs... my old man thought the same way..

What do you guys think? What symptoms could arise from those missing?

Jims 86LXI HB
11-12-2002, 11:18 PM
My car only had one per rotor, and thank god for that, nasty bloody things to remove they are:pissed:

Jareds 89 LX-i
11-12-2002, 11:47 PM
I've heard those little screws were just for holding the rotors on while the car was on the assembly line being built. I dunno, I put new ones in anyways when I changed mine, but I'm pretty sure the wheel just holds them in there. It does press right against it (the rotor) to hold it tight.

anchovies
11-13-2002, 12:05 AM
Yeah, it's there to just hold the rotors in place. Can do without.

ACCORD EX
11-13-2002, 01:31 AM
yes the are useless ! i think they are there so the disc won't fall down or move when changing a flat tire !

MIKE