PDA

View Full Version : Weird radio/fuse problem? i guess?

eddieengle
10-15-2013, 04:00 PM
i checked all the fuses in my car today, and the only one that needed replacing was the clock fuse. after replacing it, my radio works intermittenly (it works normally, but the sound cuts in and out) and now i can hear the revving of my engine in my rear speakers? anyone have a clue whats going on here?

89HatchbackLxi
10-15-2013, 05:36 PM
I had that happen with my radio too. Radio would work fine for a little bit, then just cut out. Happened every single day. I ended up just replacing the radio. Worked fine after that. I thought it was the wiring harness, but it turned out something just wasn't working inside that radio cuz the new one never had a problem.

eddieengle
10-16-2013, 01:17 AM
i took the clock fuse out and now every works like normal. its also the fuse for the ECU, which ill be honest im not sure what it is exactly. im probably fine right? lol

HelpMeHonda
10-17-2013, 06:14 AM
i took the clock fuse out and now every works like normal. its also the fuse for the ECU, which ill be honest im not sure what it is exactly. im probably fine right? lol

Just contact the OEM dealer and get a new fuse

OEM Honda Parts Online (http://www.hondapartsonline.net/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215743)

I wonder if you didn't have a bad one or the wrong one in there...

eddieengle
10-17-2013, 12:06 PM
yeah i didnt know an intact fuse could be "bad". i thought they either just worked or didnt. ill throw in a new one and see how it goes.