PDA

View Full Version : wing and wheel and moulding

LX-i prophet
11-13-2002, 07:36 AM
(1) how come of all the nice ass 3geez i see on this board, no one rocks an aluminum wing? ( at least i havent seen any. then again i am a moron so who knows) is that like a third-gen cardinal sin? i was asking cuz i wanna get the Rennsport wing. i think that shit would look good.

(2) what size wheels are recommended. im guessing the standard is prolly 17's with a lowering kit, but is there a reason why people choose 16's?

(3) where can i find new body moulding? my LX-i is white with black body moulding but :mad: DAMN it looks gay

(4) can i put a Weapon R racing exhaust on my car? i know i prolly could and Weapon R says it would fit and all, but input would be appreciated...............

thanx for all tha help guys......... im 19 and lovin this accord.........

markmdz89hatch
11-13-2002, 10:00 AM
1) not too many of us here on the board are big fans of the aluminum wing, but if you like it, go for it. Personally, they can look OK, but you gotta be REAL carefull when selecting one.

2)17's look damn good (I got 'em), but the reason for the 16's and 15's is mostly performance based.

3)All the cars on this board with body colored moldings, just had their originals (black) painted the color of the car. (Not me, I kinda like that black stripe, but then again, my car's white so it's a good contrast)

4) Don't know about that intake, but I know that you can get one made for around $75 from some of the guys on the board, and they do work good. Most of the other shit is just overpriced, and said to do what it really can't.

Hope that helps..
-Mark

89lxi95zx7
11-13-2002, 10:02 AM
big aluminum wings=:gay:
oh ya! i'll make you an intake for $80 plus shipping

pmip
11-13-2002, 10:10 AM
1.) Not very many people like those aluminum wings at all, they don't have any performance benifit unless your going REALLY fast, and they ruin the lines of the car.
2.)17s look nice if your going for show, if your going for performance, get something smaller. 16s are cheaper, tires are cheaper, and they are lighter.
3.)Just paint the moldings. If you do, make sure you clean them really well and use an adhesion promotor, otherwise the paint tends to chip off.
4.)Exhaust or intake? You can put a weapon-r exhaust on your car, although I don't know why you would want to. They are know for shitty products, not to mention many people on this board are probably getting more power gains and better sound out of their $35 mufflers. Pretty much the same goes for if you meant intake too.

LX-i prophet
11-14-2002, 10:10 AM
aight thanx for all tha mad info. I dunno, i thought Weapon R products were good, but who knew? i do like aluminum wings and i understand about the body lines but i still might try and rock one out. i think an aluminum with black endplates might match nicely with the white and black on my car.

anyways, can anyone tell me an easy way to pull out the gague faces. i wanna do what i saw someone else do on here, that was paint the gauge trim white then install a small red neon tube. any help would be greatly appreciated.

hey, poor mans solution to intake---- just pop the cover off the airbox behind your engine. nice sound until i actually buy the damn thing. oh, will this hurt my car in any way??????

Mike's89AccordLX
11-14-2002, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know if an lxi air intake can be made to be put on an lx? I'm going to buy an adapter to fit the weber 32/36 that I'm buying. Will the lxi intake fit in the space thats in my engine?

TREVOR
11-16-2002, 03:35 PM
Hey,
17"s are definitely the way to go.
As far as the molding, do what I did, shave em'.
Then you wouldn't have to worry about what color you want to make them, cause you wouldn't have any.

LX-i prophet
11-17-2002, 06:28 AM
but if you shave em dont you leave an indention where the trim used to be?

MyGarbageLXi
11-17-2002, 07:54 AM
hey...trevor ur car sounds SICK Got any PICS????