PDA

View Full Version : Another 5spd issue

Gt-r
10-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Alright several months ago put a new clutch in the blue accord after finding a new transmission for it.
Well like a dolt I put the clutch in at 4 in the damn morning and I messed up the pressure plate so the car has not been shifting right.
It also doesn't help that I lost the shifter bushings.

To make long story short....I need to find the shifter bushings.

Oldblueaccord
10-20-2013, 05:34 AM
well that last time I needed one I made one which doesn't help you much. I think you can try a shoulder bolt to hold it together if a new one is not available. The torque rod bushing energy makes a poly one its a good up grade too.

Gt-r
10-20-2013, 10:51 PM
We did make one out of some cleaned out ac line. But it didn't help the slop at all. I can sit in 5th gear and push the shifter into first.

RAZR
10-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Theres a couple threads on the site of what shifter bushing to buy if you want an aftermarket poly one.

Gt-r
10-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Theres a couple threads on the site of what shifter bushing to buy if you want an aftermarket poly one.

Unless I've just been overlooking the thread title. I've been using the search and only coming up with other people's issues of trying to find even aftermarket ones.
I've looked on different sites even called a few places and the best I could get is to try to use bushings from a same year prelude.

HLW
10-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Unless I've just been overlooking the thread title. I've been using the search and only coming up with other people's issues of trying to find even aftermarket ones.
I've looked on different sites even called a few places and the best I could get is to try to use bushings from a same year prelude.

If you look in the Performance forum, one of the stickied threads is titled Performance parts list . 86-89 accord.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/performance/77322-performance-parts-list-86-89-accord-2.html

In the drivetrain section of the first post the shifter bushing set is listed.

Shifter stabilizer bushing kit; Energy suspensions (16.1101R).

Gt-r
10-25-2013, 10:29 PM
I've used that thread as well. It comes up with the shifter bushings for a B series. Mine isn't a B series it is still factory engine.

HLW
10-26-2013, 08:36 AM
It is designed for the B series but it is the same as the A series uses. I have the one that goes on the back of the torque rod haven't had time yet to install the one that goes on the front, but it is the exact same as the one it replaces. The front one affects the left to right play more than the back one.

Gt-r
10-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Alright well one more question.
These are for the shifter rods right?

HLW
10-26-2013, 08:15 PM
The kit has 2 bushings. One is for the back of the shifter torque rod and the other is for the front of the shifter torque rod. To install the back one, you need to drop most of the exhaust so you can remove the heat shields to gain access to that part of the shifter.

Gt-r
10-26-2013, 10:07 PM
The kit has 2 bushings. One is for the back of the shifter torque rod and the other is for the front of the shifter torque rod. To install the back one, you need to drop most of the exhaust so you can remove the heat shields to gain access to that part of the shifter.

Alright sorry for all the questions. Thanks :D

Oldblueaccord
10-27-2013, 07:02 AM
You have the torque rod hooked to the trans correct? Its that big bar the screws to the trans right near the shift fork. Its got to be on there on a Honda to shift.

Gt-r
10-27-2013, 10:55 PM
You have the torque rod hooked to the trans correct? Its that big bar the screws to the trans right near the shift fork. Its got to be on there on a Honda to shift.

Yeah it is there. It's just the play in the trans is really terrible and it's bout to be going back down for a new clutch(Cause of me being a dumbass when I put the last one in) so I was going to replace all the bushings with it.