PDA

View Full Version : New engines in civics

Greg
11-13-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm wondering how easy it is to swap the A20A3 /A20A4 (EFI 3G Accord) into 90's civic hatchbacks (VX, DX, CX, etc...).

My girlfriend's 86 Accord LXI is starting to rust out pretty thoroughly, and I've been thinking about trying to find a civic with a dead engine for cheap (few hundred bucks) to take her engine.

I love 3G accords, but we live in the city and I want a little car to parallel park in little spots so I've been thinking about civics.

I've heard about guys putting big Honda DOHC engines (Integras or ludes maybe?) in their 90's civic hatchbacks. What about the A20?

What work would need to be done?
thanks

RobT5580
11-13-2002, 06:14 PM
I think it would be more work than its worth and i think you can get a ZC real cheap and has more potential than an A20.

Grant2k
11-14-2002, 07:39 AM
i agree. i am sure you can find an old running civic for less than a thousand, and it will last longer than trying to transplant an A20. a transplant leaves a lot of room for things to go wrong and problems to come up later that you hadn't factored in that might end up costing you more than ever anticipated. especially since, as far as i know, that swap has never been done.

smufguy
11-15-2002, 10:32 AM
yep its better to put a civic motor in a civc considering the space it occipies, IT maynot even fit. But its done, i can send u a pic i saved from the carsandmodel.com website where there was a drag civic with DOCE throttlebodies. or however u sya that thing. It looked cool so i saved it up. Later i discovered they took their link from their site.

anyone want a pic, i can send it.

quagmire
11-15-2002, 11:12 AM
If you really wanted a good motor, I'd say a ZC is the way to go.

Greg
11-17-2002, 09:37 PM
Thanks a lot guys! I had the idea because her 3G engine is pretty good and still has many miles to go, and I thought I could save money by lookin for a civic w/a dead engine and dropping it in.

But I think we'll probably just sell her 3G and then try to get a deal on something smaller for her.

Midnight
11-17-2002, 09:52 PM
:lol :lol :lolok if you have a 4 door get a 2 door j/k
or get a mini cooper but too much money.damn. :lol :lol

Grant2k
11-18-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Midnight
:lol :lol :lolok if you have a 4 door get a 2 door j/k
or get a mini cooper but too much money.damn. :lol :lol

don't the 2 door and 4 door actually have the same outer dimensions?