PDA

View Full Version : Good bye battery!

89AccordNate
11-13-2002, 12:00 PM
Ok, this morning I went outside to start my car, and wallah. It didnt even have enough juice to turn over. I sat there and held the key, but no luck, just the dimming red lights of death. So I am guessing it is the battery and not the altenator. It only has the slow crank in the morning when its cold at night. Whenever my car sits in a parking lot for 4 hours or so, its fine. Once the car is started, my car drives fine..No dimming lights or dieing electronic gadgets. Its only intermitant, but damn it pisses me off! I had to get a ride to college today because of it, wow I felt like a real winner.

Nate.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-13-2002, 12:35 PM
lol :flip:
dont feel bad, a couple of weeks ago i had to buy a new battery for my 97 galant, it cost me 80 freekin bucks!!!!

Neuspeed87lx
11-13-2002, 07:51 PM
hey you really want to feel like a winner? i take the pvta to college becuase my civic wount make it over the speed bumps at the school....

pearldrop
11-14-2002, 07:50 AM
Nate:
Spend the money for an Optima or some other gel-cell. There is nothing better that you can do for the reliability of your car. I have had mine for 7 years and it is still running strong and I have never had a problem.

Mike89Accordcom
11-14-2002, 10:49 AM
Yeah you cheap bastard. Everything on your car = DX = Kmart!

Mike's89AccordLX
11-14-2002, 10:57 AM
Go buy an optima battery. They're spendy but not much more than a good battery. They're the best batteries. I have the red top one. It's ideal for a good stereo system or a high performance car.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-14-2002, 11:03 AM
before you crap that battery check the water level, maybe its just running dry. if it is pour some water in it until the little holes are almost full then let the battery sit on a deep charge for about an hour with the caps off. you should see the water bubbling if its charging correctly

Mantis88LX
11-16-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr89AccordLXI
Yeah you cheap bastard. Everything on your car = DX = Kmart!

LOL!! thats messed up