PDA

View Full Version : where to start.

kendall
11-13-2002, 04:32 PM
i jhust bought an 89 honda acord lx in pretty good shape.and i was wondering where i should start on my fix up of it...

KaMiKaZeE
11-13-2002, 04:33 PM
Depends on if it needs anything or if you are ready to start performance or appearance mods.

88LXiHB
11-13-2002, 04:40 PM
This has NOTHING to do with "ACCORD PICS"... :mad:

Jims 86LXI HB
11-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Ok, I'm moving this to general.

I know your new, but you do want to pay attention and make sure the post you make deal's with the section your in.
Welcome to the board, btw.:wave:

anchovies
11-13-2002, 11:26 PM
Tune up

87AccordsterLx
11-13-2002, 11:38 PM
overhaul that shit... engine, tranny, carb... that's going to cost a lot though.. If you are looking to start some engine modifcations or apperence modifications then let us know and we'll list a bunch of stuff that you can do...

ACCORD EX
11-14-2002, 02:05 AM
tune up >

change engine oil , filter , fuel filters , spark plugs , wires , air filter inspect cap , rotor , pcv valve .

MIKE

kendall
11-14-2002, 07:19 AM
i am looking at mostly aperance..ideas

markmdz89hatch
11-14-2002, 07:36 AM
first thing's first... what color is it, and is it 2 or 4 dr.? I think that makes a diff. when ur looking at appearance upgrades.

kendall
11-14-2002, 07:45 AM
tan 4 door.looking at doing it very soon

markmdz89hatch
11-14-2002, 07:51 AM
being that it's tan/gold, ur options are somewhat limited, however, a few inexpensive options would be to paint the moldings to match the body color. Although it's gold (not the best color in the world) it should make the car look a little better. Next, stop down at the local junk yard, and pick up a spoiler off either a 4th Gen accord, or a 2nd gen 'teg, paint it, and slap that baby on. Next, you might want to look at tints, lowering springs, and wheels. If you don't have a ton of $$ for wheels, just check out the market place for one of us selling 'em. Otherwise, hit up ebay for a set of civic steelies and hub caps (go with either the 15's or 14's) and your on ur way to a much better looking car at next to nothing.

chronicsinners
11-14-2002, 09:02 AM
First step, browse this board for about 3 hours, find some accords that you like, and see thier mods, when you find what you like, try it yourself.

87AccordsterLx
11-14-2002, 10:09 AM
I would really paint it ... even if its a cheap macco job the gold just doesnt work good on the accord.. no offence to some of you.. go with either white or a dark color like midnight blue like mine or black, any of the darker blues look good... go metalic and make sure you see how a lot of us have our cars painted because you will regreat not painting certian parts after awhile... paint the moldings and if you are going to get a spoiler (I have a 4th gen on thats not on yet) get it first then paint it with the moldings, bumpers, rear view mirror etc ...

KaMiKaZeE
11-14-2002, 12:03 PM
For inexpensive pant, try a pro-3 job at earl sheib if there is one around you. I have seen one done and it looks really good. They are also cheaper than maaco unless you want the lowest grade job maaco offers (and you don't).

KaMiKaZeE
11-14-2002, 12:10 PM
Oh and also definitely get some good wheels, preferrably 7x17" with a 40mm offset. I suggest swap meets for this. Then get some drop springs from Sprint or Suspension Techniques (I like the S/T springs 'cause they are a bit stiffer than the sprints and also give you an extra 1/4" of travel so hopefully you don't kill your car on speedbumps.) These mods will probably be sufficient for appearance (provided you do get a spoiler BEFORE you have it painted). If you want more, however, you might try a body kit. Kaminari makes a decent one. :D

dXsquared
11-14-2002, 12:14 PM
dont forget KONI shox...

Travis

89accordboi
11-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by KaMiKaZeE
Oh and also definitely get some good wheels, preferrably 7x17" with a 40mm offset. I suggest swap meets for this. Then get some drop springs from Sprint or Suspension Techniques (I like the S/T springs 'cause they are a bit stiffer than the sprints and also give you an extra 1/4" of travel so hopefully you don't kill your car on speedbumps.) These mods will probably be sufficient for appearance (provided you do get a spoiler BEFORE you have it painted). If you want more, however, you might try a body kit. Kaminari makes a decent one. :D

how much does a paint job like that cost? cuz i have tan 89 LX and its 100% stock right now... but i just ordered some hub caps for now lol cuz the back right hub cap is like broken in half... but yeah i think gold is ugly i wouldn't mind either white, black or a dark blue

dXsquared
11-18-2002, 06:19 AM
black would be easiest and prolly cheaper. if you dont mind having a gold trunk inside or the door jambs. it will cover easier than white.
id say if there is no body work involved or if you do it urself maybe 400 if you can find a small shop that wants business.

Travis