PDA

View Full Version : short shifter

Whitehatch88
05-14-2002, 10:42 AM
Dose any one know where i can find a shorty shifter for our cars? or can i shorten the one i got now?

Jims 86LXI HB
05-14-2002, 04:51 PM
http://www.fastfours.com/check_out.asp?ProductID=318108

$49 from www.fastfours.com

Has anyone cut theirs and then took a tap and die to it and
re-attached the shift knob.

CoAsTeR
05-14-2002, 07:25 PM
Yeah I just did one in my buddy's prelude and I was considering doing my accord. All you have to do is take a grinder with cutting disc and chop an inch or two off. Don't cut to short because I noticed on the prelude it begins to taper inwards near the bottom. The threads were on the inside, not the outside of the stick to hold the shifter knob on. We just made our own thread and forced it in. It just temp till he gets his new shifter knob and then we'll clean that part up a little. You'll notice that the shifter bag will kind buckle up a bit now, but still looks not bad. We are in the process of making or own out of some leathery type cloth we picked up at the fabric store. The hardest part of that will be getting the bag to attatch to the shifterknob cleanly.... I'll get some pics of what it looks like now with the factory boot/knob shortened.

DownNout
05-16-2002, 04:20 AM
I cut my shifter on my eclipse, just cut about 2 inches under the threaded tip and weld the threaded tip back on the bottom plus it added that weight back from the missing 3 inches i cut off.

Note: i see now that doesnt make much sense so
when you cut, dont cut more than 2 or 3 inches off your shifter,
but cut 2 inches below the thread. :D

Sabz5150
05-16-2002, 06:49 AM
That Pacesetter is the one I use. It's also adjustable.

I've been quite satisfied with it, it's a worthwhile buy in my opinion.

Installation is a bastitch tho.

-5150 :bandit: