PDA

View Full Version : dipstick is popping out

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
11-14-2002, 01:02 PM
I know that this is usually a problem stemming from excessive blowby....but i dont recall having this problem till i changed the PCV valve....Is it possible to put the PCV valve in the wrong way?

The Valve was just a purolator one kinda made all of plastic....

and no i dont even know where a honda dealer is around here

I am losing about 2 quarts per of oil a week through the dipstick and it smells horrible after i get off the highway, never mind the danger it poses to the motor from running bone dry on oil.

HELP!

A20A1
11-14-2002, 05:15 PM
Mine does that to and I replaced the PCV valve... I just assumed it was blow by.

I never had the problem of oil leaking out of the dipstick pipe. I did lose oil from the cam-seal and valve cover gasket.

shepherd79
11-14-2002, 06:40 PM
i have the same problem. i just don't worry about it.
oh yeah, mine is not leaking oil.

Greg
11-14-2002, 09:22 PM
You know, your post has got me thinking.

I used to lose almost no oil between changes. Then I recently changed my PCV and I think I lost like 1 quart since my last change. I put in a cheapo pcv. I know I put it in the right way.

It could be that cheapo aftermarket pcv's are bullshit. I'm thinking about going with stock. The spring mechanism might be too strong in the aftermarket and it might not allow enough blowby out.

Just a theory...

shepherd79
11-15-2002, 05:03 AM
no i don't think that is PCV valve. dipstick never poped out till i putt that filter on valve cover breather.
i think i am gonna try remving it.