PDA

View Full Version : Black Box

dXsquared
11-14-2002, 04:07 PM
What is the wire harness in the black box for? Can i unplug it? i am doin the Weber conversion tonight and i am not gonna do it unless i can take the black box off... i know peeps said you can but they never mentioned the wires!!!

Travis

shepherd79
11-14-2002, 06:47 PM
just unplug it. it won't do anygood to you anyway.
i did on mine it is still runs

A20A1
11-14-2002, 06:55 PM
yup take off the box top and unhook the 2 wires harnesses from the side of the box and tuck them away in the fender.... then toss the box in the trash or keep all the solenoids and vacuum goodies for other uses. :D

dXsquared
11-14-2002, 06:59 PM
yah... i already did that tonite... i am still workin on the coolant prob no one mentioned b4!!! :flipa:

Travis

I AM SKIPPIN SKOOL TOMOROW TO GO DRIVING AFTER I FIX MY RACE CAR!!! im gonna dial it in and get some sweet power!!! i am gonna put the header on tommorow and bend a huge exhaust... like 3 inch... maybe 2 inch if i wanna lot of low end... im still not shur!

A20A1
11-14-2002, 07:16 PM
just hope you don't get hydro lock!... I'm sorry but I didn't know you were installing the weber till it was too late.

Skiping school to work on the 3G... sounds familliar. :D

anchovies
11-15-2002, 12:01 AM
Stay in school. Graduates earn 42% more than dropouts :D..hihi

Immeraufdemhund
11-15-2002, 06:36 AM
sorry, that works for technical field. In the construction field you dont even have to finish high school. And in most cases the company sends you to some classes to do other things like weld, T-puller, solder...etc. Just my experiance though. And heck I was in a non-union company by age 18 and was making 9.22 and hour. my dad never went to college is working as a iron worker and is making $30 an hour. but...that's construction for ya.

Greg
11-15-2002, 08:24 AM
Well, having graduated from college, I now have a desk job where I basically have to edit some bullshit economics books once in a while,

But I mostly get paid to sit at this desk and surf the 3G site all day and then take a 3 hour lunch break to run tests on my girlfriend's 86LXI on the street outside my office.

You can get paid pretty decent if you have a trade and definitely if you're unionized (because the bastard bosses won't give you shit unless you pressure them into it) but then again you can get these mindless office jobs doing nothing and getting paid about the same w/a college degree.

Our society is ridiculous!

:rice:

socal3rdgen
11-15-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Greg
Well, having graduated from college, I now have a desk job where I basically have to edit some bullshit economics books once in a while,

But I mostly get paid to sit at this desk and surf the 3G site all day and then take a 3 hour lunch break to run tests on my girlfriend's 86LXI on the street outside my office.

You can get paid pretty decent if you have a trade and definitely if you're unionized (because the bastard bosses won't give you shit unless you pressure them into it) but then again you can get these mindless office jobs doing nothing and getting paid about the same w/a college degree.

Our society is ridiculous!

:rice:

agreed

Guess what im doing right now. i sitting at my wrap around desk, posting on 3geez. :flip: but i have a trade in Cisco systems and graphic design

markmdz89hatch
11-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Ummm... ....what the hell is he talking about with the coolant thing? I have not heard that one yet, and the Dual DCOE is not too far in the future.

dXsquared
11-15-2002, 01:13 PM
i know how you feel about the coolant thing... I was like SHIT@!!!!! but just make shur you plug the two coolant lines on eack side of the carb and the smaller hose in the back... but i got her goin ... 30 minutes at 2000rpm and all the white smoke was gone! oh yah, dont for get to plug the holes in the manifold where the big coolant lines are cuz you get a vacum leak!

Travis

A20A1
11-15-2002, 01:46 PM
I think I need to explain a little bit more... :(

But you did buy a longer hose to bypass the intake manifold right?

dXsquared
11-15-2002, 01:58 PM
not yet... i just pluged each side

is this bad? is coolant still goin through the block? am i in danger of fuckin it up???

Travis

A20A1
11-15-2002, 05:21 PM
You are rushing it.... slow down.

Anyways I think it is bad since that pipe connects to the thermostat housing.
You are blocking coolant from going to the head.

dXsquared
11-15-2002, 05:27 PM
i am blockin coolant to the head? damn! ok... well tomorow i will score some tube. what size is it? i have some bigger stuff but i dont think it will fit.

Travis

A20A1
11-15-2002, 06:34 PM
I think it's 5/8" or a little smaller

dXsquared
11-15-2002, 06:43 PM
ok
ill just take some in with me.

Travis