PDA

View Full Version : New here, need some help with several things. 86 Accord 3Door LXi 5 Speed.

chavisca
11-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I just recently purchased my 4th vehicle for 900 bucks.
She's a 1986 Accord 3 Door Hatchback 5 Speed LXi.
So far it is my favorite car.
It's missing a corner light but it doesn't matter, the real question. Can anyone point me towards a third brake light assembly, as well as give
me some ideas on what to do to this puppy. Needs tons of TLC and anything not crazy expensive I can do. Only rust is right by the window.
It already has matching paint but needs a new bumper. The strips across the lights need to be replaced as well.
Really looking at restoring her and rolling to shows with my buddy who drives a 81 Corolla Wagon that's almost already done.
Help please!

2oodoor
11-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Is the third brake lite missing? I had to repair mine, 3 doors show up once in awhile at scrap yards but not too often, thats the only source for that part.

Delta Cam
11-07-2013, 03:20 PM
This guy has tons of " Yard " time and might have it in stock or know a yard with one sittin in it :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Classic-Honda/149266595145781

Dr_Snooz
11-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Really looking at restoring her

Music to my ears! Restore her and keep her stock with maybe a few tasteful mods. Post pics of your car when you get a chance.

Welcome!

chavisca
11-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Thank you guys! I'll get pictures up soon. I need to find the whole third brake light assembly. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks a bunch.

ADSA20
11-14-2013, 04:22 AM
Music to my ears! Restore her and keep her stock with maybe a few tasteful mods.

Welcome!

Have to agree, always so nice to see a car restored to it's former glory where possible. So satisfying to see your hard work pay off and of course the field trips to the wreckers! I feel like a kid at Christmas when i find some good parts. My last gf actually told me i was a big kid with too many broken toys, i told her she had too many handbags. That's probably why she's my ex!