PDA

View Full Version : Shit!!!!!!

dXsquared
11-14-2002, 04:54 PM
i got the carb on and all the vac lines off and shit but the intake filled up with coolant!!!!!!! how do i stop this and why did it happen????? damn!!!!!!

Travis

dXsquared
11-14-2002, 05:14 PM
look at me A20!!! read this!!

Travis

A20A1
11-14-2002, 05:29 PM
You didn't plug the carburetor base heater line or the intake manifold heater lines.

A20A1
11-14-2002, 05:32 PM
You have to bypass the manifold heater lines by running one lond coolant hose from the water pipe near the water pump to the thermostat housing.

the smaller vacuum sized coolant line that was connected to the rear of the stock carb has to be pluged since it's still connected to the water pipe, under the intake manifold. You can't access this hose unless you remove the intake manifold.

I suggest you drain the coolant a little first since it will continue to bubble up.

A20A1
11-14-2002, 06:30 PM
This is an LXI motor so I had to make up where the coolant line should be... but it clearly shows how to run the new coolant line from the coolant pipe to the thermostat housing.

NOTE: you won't have the use of the temperature guage on guage cluster when intake maniflold heater is bypassed. However once coolant level is refilled the thermal swithc that activates the fans will still work. :D

dXsquared
11-14-2002, 06:41 PM
thanx man... so will it be hard to do this with the motor in the car? and I will have to get a new intake gasket right? thanks...

Travis

A20A1
11-14-2002, 06:52 PM
Oh you don't have to remove the intake manifold.... well you should remove it to drain the coolant, but umm. all you need to do is plug the small coolant hose really good since it will be under pressure. and then run a coolant hose to bypass the manifold... make sure you make it long enough so the bends are smooth or else the line will crimp and you'll lose the flow of coolant.

dXsquared
11-14-2002, 07:14 PM
cool... ill figure it out! thanx for all ur help... i was waiting all afternoon and night for you to pop ur little head out... when you came online, i sighed and said,"YEEHAAAA!!!!, I can do it now!!!!!!"

Travis