PDA

View Full Version : WTB 2nd gen 1.8 engine parts

JKP
11-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm rebuilding my 85 LX HB,eng and need several items ... starting with the two pipes the connect the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold. They are called the the "EGR Pipe" and the "Air Suction Tube". Anybody have some old engines laying around ?
Thanks
John 678 492 1924

2ndGenGuy
11-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Man, I wish you best of luck finding those. They are so difficult to remove and re-install. I always wind up cutting them off when I take them off the car... Are you doing a 100% stock rebuild? Putting the stock carb and emissions and everything on?

JKP
11-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Man, I wish you best of luck finding those. They are so difficult to remove and re-install. I always wind up cutting them off when I take them off the car... Are you doing a 100% stock rebuild? Putting the stock carb and emissions and everything on?

Yeah .... that's the plan ..... would not mind getting rid of all the emissions stuff, but I have a new OEM stock carb to use. How difficult is it to rebuild without all that stuff ?

2ndGenGuy
11-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure what you mean? I think the car will be fine if you plug the EGR tube at both ends, but I think a lot of the emissions parts on the carb won't function right without the Air Suction setup. Lots of people do full de-vacs but I'm not sure how much drivability they lose and how much like stock it continues to drive.

JKP
11-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Well I think you answered my question .... with the stock carb, it's probably not going to work right unless I install the emissions/vac system that connect to it. I'm looking into fabrication of those pipes with stainless steel. The material should not be too expensive ... looks like maybe $40 or so .... then I'll just need to find a shop to bend the pipe to the correct shapes and flange the pipe ends.