PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in America install racing seats in a 3rd gen yet?

Inagawa
11-07-2013, 09:56 PM
To put it simple, i have 86' with a pretty beat up driver's seat. Wasn't trying to go for the Prelude seats either "they look weird to me", and later accords don't seem like they have much support. So a buddy gave me his Type-R knock off seat and i was just interested if i would be able to use the stock base/rails to the Type-R seat without welding anything? Just simple drilling if needed. Thanks!

charliekuney
11-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Pretty hard question to answer since no one knows what seats you're talking about. Plenty of people here have put plenty of different seat in these cars, not necessarily "Type-R knockoffs". Do you have pictures of the seats and rails? Have you tried comparing them to the stockers, or maybe setting the new ones in your car? The Prelude seats just require some drilling I think, but those are seats out of a similar car from the same era.

EricW
11-10-2013, 08:50 PM
When I mounted my seats. I just took the stock rails off some junk seats and welded two 1/4 inch steel bars across the rails where the bolt holes on the bottom of the new seat were. Then drilled holes through the steel to match the holes on the seat and mounted the seat.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Inagawa
11-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Man.. Idk, its just a basic ebay-racing seat..lol. I'll try to take a decent picture of them later.. And, I wish I knew how to weld. That would make my life alot more easier haha.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

2ndGenGuy
11-12-2013, 11:05 AM
When I mounted my seats. I just took the stock rails off some junk seats and welded two 1/4 inch steel bars across the rails where the bolt holes on the bottom of the new seat were. Then drilled holes through the steel to match the holes on the seat and mounted the seat.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

This is exactly what we did to mount up our Corbeau seat in our race car.