PDA

View Full Version : Interior Question

ninja2571
11-14-2002, 06:42 PM
My accord has black on top of the dash and beige on bottom,,,, how the hell do i get the bottom part off to paint it, is there any hidden screws or just the ones i can see...........and the door panels how do i get them off too

Neuspeed87lx
11-14-2002, 07:54 PM
the door panels come off be taking the screws off that you can see....there is none hidden ...and you have to pull it off...its kinda hard because its clipped in ... and i dont even know if the top part and the bottom of the dash come apart...i know when i took my dash out it was all one piece

ninja2571
11-14-2002, 09:37 PM
will the door clips break and have to be replaced or can i take it off, paint it and put it right back on

3rdGenMartyr
11-14-2002, 11:14 PM
the clips shouldnt break if your careful, ive had mine off changing speakers (and wiring), and my neons, and they're pretty sturdy hunks of plastic

toastyghost
11-15-2002, 07:26 AM
Just make sure that once you get the screws off of there to look around the seam of the panel and locate the clips, then pull the panel straight out from those points. And don't try to force it if it won't just pop off... the clips don't hold that tight and it probably means you've got a screw somewhere that you missed. As for the dash, I'm pretty sure the top and bottom do separate but the screws to do it are located in ungodly small spaces in the corners. I'm speculating because I didn't actually go through with separating them... just did them all blue with chrome panels and glovebox for that contrast. Looks great, IMHO :D

jlaccord89lxi
11-15-2002, 02:35 PM
man, just paint it while its in the car because it does not separate unless it is broken apart. The top and bottom are glued together with some crazy permanent adhesize. I took one apart before out of a parts car and it was not fun and it has to be broken to be separated and i'm sure you don't want to break it. But like i said, remove all the switches and buttons and tape everything off and then paint it while its in the car............it will save you a HUGE headache cause the dash is not fun to take out.

syn4la5
11-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by jlaccord89lxi
man, just paint it while its in the car because it does not separate unless it is broken apart. The top and bottom are glued together with some crazy permanent adhesize. I took one apart before out of a parts car and it was not fun and it has to be broken to be separated and i'm sure you don't want to break it. But like i said, remove all the switches and buttons and tape everything off and then paint it while its in the car............it will save you a HUGE headache cause the dash is not fun to take out. :D just the thogth of paint areosol in a small inclosed are like that makes me laugh and all the possible errors that one c
ould make

if you do that be care
ful