View Full Version : JDM B18a

carotman
04-29-2002, 01:54 PM
Look at that twin carbed beauty!

http://pages.infinit.net/omus/b18aaccord.jpg

ok it's not that big of a picture but you get the idea :p

87Hybrid
04-29-2002, 06:50 PM
I want it! But I guess one project at a time is all my wife will let me have.

djimass
04-29-2002, 07:09 PM
Where can you get it? I've been looking all over for it! I'd like to get my hands on one of thse babies...

help...

carotman
04-29-2002, 07:29 PM
I dunno exactly where to get one but swapping the vacuums and such would be a pain in the butt. Unless you put dual webbers on it and fry a Civic SI with it :)

CARBurn
04-29-2002, 07:37 PM
Yep, that was the one, I had it confused with the b20a. I'm trying to get used to seeing our Accords with DOHC engines:D

PhydeauX
04-30-2002, 06:48 PM
I wonder if that b18a's intake has the same head flange as the integra's b18a, allowing it to be modified to fit the a20a. As far as the vacuume lines and emissions go they are just cv carbs, you can get performance versions of them with out all the vacuume crap. The only thing holding it back would be is if the b18a tiped forward 15 degrees like the a20 is? Its not as much of an increase as the dual webers, but wouldn't requirer major mods to an expensive manifold or a custom manifold and would be a nice mod for the carb guys who dont want efi. Or you could swap this b18a and then put some good cv's on and eliminate the vacuume crap. Or if its not at the 15 degree angle and sits more like the integra motor you could use an integra dual weber manifold on it.

andy

A20A1
05-01-2002, 12:10 AM
but some guy posted pics with the dual webers... on AF i think... well I'm pretty sure I saw it... I must have... oh oh :o I am so lost :confused:

PhydeauX
05-01-2002, 12:23 AM
There was a guy who had dual webers on a b20a swap. I forget what he said he did for a manifold though. The b18 from the 3g has the same/similar dual cv setup as the gen2 preludes, I rember there being a better pic of it then that one. CVs aren't bad carbs, their supposibly easy to tune, though they use this crazy needle thing instead of jets. Dunno too much about them, other then I probalby wounldn't want to fuck with a pair that were made emissions compliant. They are single barrel carbs so you don't get the one barrel per cylender setup like with the dual webers. You could go for quad cv carbs, it would be something diferent, again requireing a manifold to be made. I rember seeing a pic of an old ass motor, it was a strait 8 from some really early formula car. Thing had 8 cv carbs on it, quite a sight to look at, and I bet it was a whole lot of fun to tune.

andy

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
05-01-2002, 09:01 PM
i got a friend who has a 2nd gen lude hes parting out that has dual carbs, hes willing to sell the whole setup

carotman
05-02-2002, 04:51 AM
YEah I saw the dual webbers on AF too. Too bad I didn't save the picture

Don87LX
05-04-2002, 06:49 AM
I wonder if the b18c head would bolt on to that jdm motor.....

Carbed and Vtec....