PDA

View Full Version : how to remove front bumper molding to replace horn?

derolph
11-10-2013, 01:10 PM
I really need to replace the horn. Driving around without a working horn is a safety hazard. As I understand it, the front bumper molding must be removed since the horn(s) is(are) located behind it. Removing the molding seems more complicated than I initially thought. Some of the fasteners (between the head lights) are fully accessible with the hood open but I see that other fasteners are located under panel under the headlights. See the photos; key points are marked in red. Do I need to remove headlights in order to get the bumper moldings off? Do I need to remove side marker lights?

RAZR
11-10-2013, 01:16 PM
STOP!! dont remove all those screws remove the two front turn signals behind those should be 2 bolts on each side then theres a few bolts on the bottom side of the bumper and off it comes.

derolph
11-10-2013, 03:50 PM
OK, thanks! I had not started on this yet so I'm glad I posted the question here before attempting to remove it.

A18A
11-10-2013, 04:10 PM
iirc you should be able to access the horns just from removing the covers under the bumper lights without having to remove the bumper

derolph
11-10-2013, 04:37 PM
iirc you should be able to access the horns just from removing the covers under the bumper lights without having to remove the bumperAh, thanks for that tip. I'll try that approach first. If it works, it will save time and effort. If I don't see that horns there, then I'll know I need to proceed with the bumper removal.

charliekuney
11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
"Access" is a long ways from "able to comfortably and accurately replace". Remove the bumper: four bolts, six screws. Bam.