PDA

View Full Version : Retaining water....

3rdGenMartyr
11-14-2002, 11:21 PM
Does anyone, or has anyone had a problem with a leaky deck lid or seal? I've noticed that when it rains hard, i get water in my trunk, and its emanating from the driver's side. I've also found water in the break light assembly on the same side, and since the outside of the assembly is fine, I'm going to assume it got there from underneath the deck lid. Anyone who could share some insight to this problem, would be greatly appreciated.

:wtf:

anchovies
11-15-2002, 12:15 AM
Apparently there is:
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9180

Seabass
11-15-2002, 02:33 AM
My problem is sometimes my sunroof leaks...

MoonScryer
11-15-2002, 05:59 AM
New seal on the sunroof, and clean the drains out....only thing that can be done there.

guaynabo89
11-15-2002, 07:09 AM
Not to get of subject but when I read the title I thought," Is it that time of the month?":lol

toastyghost
11-15-2002, 07:20 AM
Someone has too much salt in their diet...

PortugalHonda
11-15-2002, 01:58 PM
yeah take some laxative that way u can get rid of some water inside...

3rdGenMartyr
11-15-2002, 10:31 PM
i figured the title would get someones attention

87Hybrid
11-16-2002, 09:48 AM
There are a couple of possibilities.

Possibility #1

The most likely problem is just the seal around the tail light where it bolts to the bodythe light housing may be loose ot he seal broken. when it rains the water runs down the roofline and into the galey around the trunk seal which routes it to the back to drain behind the bumper. When the seal around the light is loose and not getting a good seal the water will go into the trunk and even run into the tail light housing its self. Solution remove tail light clean the surface where it bolts to the car and replace the seal on the tail light if needed.

possibility #2

If your car has ever been rear ended and repaired there is a possibility that the sealer/calking that is used at the factory to seal the pinch joints near the back of the trunk water galley may have been lifted and allowing water to pass into the trunk. I found this type of leak in mine by crawling in the trunk with a flashlight and having my wife spray water from the hose around the edge of the trunk. To fix this I just used windshield adheasive but most any sealer will work. Make sure to clean the leaking area and blow it dry with either compressed air or a heat gun, you can use a hair dryer as well but it will take a longer time to get it dry. then apply the sealer or calking liberly, trying to push some into the joint with a popsicle stick, to the area and let dry before closing the trunk

Y3G
11-16-2002, 09:52 AM
87hybrid you da man thanks for the advice!

3rdGenMartyr
11-17-2002, 11:29 PM
i found a rusty spot inbetwwe the quarter drop off where it meets the deck lid and the seal to the truck, i tried some silicone, lets cross our fingers when it rains..... lol

Y3G
11-18-2002, 03:17 PM
I REALLY HATE WATER :(