PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have trouble mounting the rear speakers in a hatch?

Inagawa
11-11-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm upgrading my whole sound set up from stock radio/ripped paper speakers to a full Dual inc. System.

The 6.5" speakers I have don't fit in the housings for the rears, and don't match up with the original three holes. I know I could drill more holes but is there any special way to mount them or any info on how other people did there rear speaker? Again, thanks for any help.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Legend_master
11-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Take a picture of speakers in the hole. Are they to deep?

dieselgus
11-12-2013, 01:18 PM
I have had better success putting in a 6" in the factory locations. Most 6.5" are oversized and tend to not fit well without some modifications.

Dr_Snooz
11-12-2013, 07:05 PM
I used a Dremel tool to carve out more space in my enclosures. I think I also drilled a new screw hole. They mounted well when I was done.

Strangeduck
11-14-2013, 04:11 PM
You could also make a mounting ring with 3/4 MDF, it might lift the speaker enough that the basket will clear the opening. You could screw the MDF to the existing holes then screw the speaker to the MDF. They are easy to make if you have a router. They look like this

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/MDF-Speaker-rings-5-1-4-flush-mount-/00/$(KGrHqN,!jME4orgnEJ8BOUw9!(wSg~~_12.JPG