PDA

View Full Version : Heater fan control, AHHHH

enkeisroller
11-15-2002, 09:11 AM
Alright, I have an 88 accord lxi and this is not a big deal but I would like it fixed. My fan control only works on med-hi and hi. The low and the low-med do not work. any ideas thanks

smufguy
11-15-2002, 09:40 AM
so basically ur fan switch wont work huh? IT could be dirt inside the slider switch ur talking about that could be preventing it from working good. Take it out and clean it and see if it would work. Some of the solder might have broken. If not just swap that switch from a one in the junk. Its about 2inches in length.

88LXi/87CRXSi
11-15-2002, 10:09 AM
If what smufguy suggested isn't it, could be your blower resister. It's located on the passenger side on the underside of the blower housing. It's a flat plastic plate about ¾" X 2" held in place by two screws. I think there's like 4 or 5 blue wires plugged into it. The resisters are on the other side in the air flow to cool them, I guess. Not sure if the screws have something on the other side to capture them or not?

-Steve

enkeisroller
11-15-2002, 11:12 AM
How do i get the whole switch out of that area??????? I can' t seem to see how???

smufguy
11-16-2002, 12:02 PM
pop the illuminator display out after u remove the knobs. Then u will see a clip holdining it, remove the electircal clip and then u will see a metal plate with all screws on it. remove it and there are like 3 or 4 screws holding the fan slider control. It will just pop out and its held by a electircal connector in the back.

I will email u the how-to from the shop manual scans if u want to.

enkeisroller
11-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey if its not to hard that would be great if you could email that to me. [email protected] Thanks a ton I really appeciate your help