PDA

View Full Version : My New Sony CDX-C90 Digital head unit

RobT5580
11-15-2002, 08:14 PM
I finally got it in today and it is awesome. Kinda pricey but not bad considering the original list price is $1200. Its digital and only has 4 RCA hook ups so not too many wires. Has a sweet detachable wired remote and a wireless remote as well. But i havent even really placed with it too much and the sound was much better from my old sony unit. If you can get this unit at a good price (ebay) it is well worth it. The only negatives are the screen is hard to read in day light (not too bad with tinted windows) and their are 2 boxes to be mounted behind the unit so space is limited with my 4 RCAs CD Changer Cable+RCA. But note that this is intended for use with amps so hooking up to system w/o amps will be a bit more work.....

87AccordsterLx
11-16-2002, 04:25 PM
sounds cool man... throw some pics up...

shepherd79
11-16-2002, 07:35 PM
yeah, i want some pictures. is that the one with hard drive build into it?

RobT5580
11-17-2002, 09:10 AM
No i didnt need or want the hard drive one. I actually was very picky because i didnt want a high gloss black or silver unit because my flat black unit looked nice. This unit is kind of darker silver so that was my neg thing about it but the features are great. I have to figure out how to post pics or have someone else do it for me.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
11-18-2002, 04:00 PM
Nice Deck Robby!! I have a Sony Deck!! PPl give Sony decks a bad name!! But I think Sony Has pretty nice decks!! Sound Wise & Durability!! U get what u paid for!! Nice DECK!! Enjoy!! it!! Hey Robbie did u seee my deck?

RobT5580
11-18-2002, 04:12 PM
Sony does but i dont like a lot of the new ones. My old deck has to be over 5yrs old and still working fine. I got it for $500 and i love the thing it is by far the best i have owned and cant wait to get the digital EQ to go with it. But the overall sound is 5x's better and clearer than my old deck. Plus all the awesome features with it.

Face tilts 2 other angles
Wired detachable remote/wireless remote
digital output
4 sets of RCA's
also shows all names of my cds in the changer on the screen at once. This thing is great to bad winters coming and im probably gonna park the accord very soon.