PDA

View Full Version : EFI Distributor

85Skyhawk
11-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Does anybody have any suggestions about finding a replacement distributor for my 86 LX-i Hatch? Mine sheared an advance post off yesterday. The shaft bushings appear to be long gone from what I can tell but the post sheared off at the bottom. Is there any way to replace the post or do I have to replace the shaft?

If I have to go with a new or rebuilt distributor does anyone have any suggestions. They are fairly expensive but I need to get the vehicle back on the road for work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

Dr_Snooz
11-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Pics of the broken part would help. For a replacement distributor, I'd recommend one of the Richporters (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=89+accord+richporter+distributor&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X86+accord+ri chporter+distributor&_nkw=86+accord+richporter+distributor&_sacat=0) from eBay. They get good reviews and have been around for a few years now.

DBMaster
11-20-2013, 04:52 PM
^Listen to the Snooz! I went through three remans in two months. I rebuilt my own with better results than what you can get from the re-manufacturers. I lucked into a new OEM dizzie back in 2008. This distributor is an odd combination of mechanical/electronics that just doesn't lend itself to rebuilding in a half-assed manner. You either do it yourself or buy a new one.