PDA

View Full Version : HID Conversion with sealed beam headlights

chavisca
11-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Okay, so I got everything figured out and I am going to put projector style sealed beam conversion headlights in my 3 Door LXi.

For 7" x 6" Black Housing SEALED Beam Conversion Headlights with Projector | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271302666019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649)
I've read that some of these are junk and crack with the tiniest rock. But, I don't drive much at night and my headlights are always down. So they should last a while. And if not, oh well.

HID 55 Watt 6K Bi-Xenon bulbs will be going in them.

I'll post pictures and all that good stuff when I get time to put it all in.

Blaaz
11-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Are you sure you can replace the bulbs on those housings?

chavisca
11-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Are you sure you can replace the bulbs on those housings?

Its the factory size. It should fit right in and have the metal bracket hold it in just like a regular sealed beam bulb. Ill just have to either buy a new pigtail or cut the current one off and do some wiring of my own.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk 2

Blaaz
11-19-2013, 11:38 AM
I know the replacements will fit in the bracket. My question is if the bulb is replaceable.

On H4 replacement headlights - like Hella, you can change the bulb from the back. So, if you wanted to replace the H4 halogen bulb with a Xenon replacement - you can do that by swapping out the bulb.

chavisca
11-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Oh. Crap. I didn't think about that. I thought they were removable. I'll guess we'll find out when I get them..

chavisca
11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
I know the replacements will fit in the bracket. My question is if the bulb is replaceable.

On H4 replacement headlights - like Hella, you can change the bulb from the back. So, if you wanted to replace the H4 halogen bulb with a Xenon replacement - you can do that by swapping out the bulb.

Okay, I got them. The bulbs are removable from the back and the HID H4 bulbs I bought fit right in.
Only, I don't recommend this seller. There were fingerprints on the inside of the glass and when it rained moisture was all inside the bulb.

Vanilla Sky
11-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Buy a set of Autopals instead of those crap black housings, and skip HIDs. Upgrade your headlight wiring, add relays triggered by the stock headlight wiring, and then upgrade to some decent Incan bulbs.

Vanilla Sky
11-26-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm down in Palatka if you do want to check out a setup like the one I described.