PDA

View Full Version : know very comfortable seat that will bolt in to 89 lxi?

rebuild
11-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I need a more comfortable driver's seat - an 'easy chair' feel would be nice. Do you know what would bolt in no problem? Or should I take out the foam on the bottom and swap it with an upholstered piece? When I've removed a seat before, I set it upright on the asphalt next to the car. I think the weight bent one of the pieces that bolt down so it was tricky to bolt the thing back in the car. Any tips on this? Is there a standard for seat specs so I can find what others can bolt in? Thanks.

Dr_Snooz
11-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Easy chair comfort is going to be difficult in a small car. What shape is your seat in? If the foam is worn out, changing it might be your best, though not the cheapest, option.

2oodoor
11-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Didn't somebody swap 4th gen seats a while back? If that works, those are bulky and nice, also means Acura legend/vigor seats may work(?)
Seat tracks usually have to be reused on swaps, and you can bend back what bent up yes?

rebuild
11-19-2013, 06:03 PM
The foam feels hard and uneven and is tough when driving long distance. The springs squeak. No I couldn't bend it back - I went with 3 bolts instead of the four. I think I need to dissect a seat at the junkyard and ask Honda/Acura parts about the fit of those seats. Sometimes I just sit on a comfortable chair at a table and wonder how come my car seat doesn't feel this good? I think flat across the bottom is better than how it slopes up on each side. I thought the seat tracks were welded on.