PDA

View Full Version : Cap and Rotor- '89 LX

89AccordLX89
11-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Whats up 3geez!
Looking for some suggestions on cap and rotor replacements. There seems to be so many different manufacturers that make them, just wanted to see what brands everyone has had success with
Any replies and comments are more than welcome so feel free to chime in!

Edit: I normally order though rock auto but they only have 2.0 engine parts listed and i believe my car is a 1.6? Not sure if there is a difference between the two engines, cap and rotor wise

niles
11-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Look for the brass contacts, that's my two cents :)

89AccordLX89
11-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Brass contacts? Could you elaborate a little more?
Just looking for a reliable brand that others have had success with
Just replaced the spark plugs and spark plug wires with NGK brand (forgot to properly gap the plugs to .044, will do that in the next few days)
Just trying to get the car running as good as possible and replace old parts with new reliable brand parts

Jafir
11-22-2013, 06:40 PM
I always used oe if possible. A tec branded cap and rotor on a tec branded distributor seemed like the best bet.

(Though carb cars might have a different brand)

Oldblueaccord
11-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Brass contacts? Could you elaborate a little more?
Just looking for a reliable brand that others have had success with
Just replaced the spark plugs and spark plug wires with NGK brand (forgot to properly gap the plugs to .044, will do that in the next few days)
Just trying to get the car running as good as possible and replace old parts with new reliable brand parts

Some caps and rotors use brass inserts instead of the usual pot metal. Accel sells them but i have never found one for our hondas. I use Standard brand ignition parts but there also under bwd brand.

Jafir
11-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Edit: I normally order though rock auto but they only have 2.0 engine parts listed and i believe my car is a 1.6? Not sure if there is a difference between the two engines, cap and rotor wise

If it's a US 3G accord it should have a 2.0. Some of the 2G accords had a 1.8.