PDA

View Full Version : 20 piece Gear wrench rachetting set at Sears for 49.00 bucks...awesome set!

1989accordaz
11-27-2013, 05:02 PM
I bought one of this last year, and it is by far the best set of tools that I own. Can't beat 50 bucks for this baby...

Sears.com (http://www.sears.com/20pc-combination-ratcheting-wrench-set-sae-mm/p-00935720000P)

Dr_Snooz
11-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Good score. Thanks for sharing.

2oodoor
11-28-2013, 12:15 PM
I love the gearwrench stuff

AccordB20A
11-28-2013, 09:43 PM
(N) no 19mm ringspanner

cygnus x-1
11-29-2013, 09:52 AM
The ratcheting wrenches are convenient at times, but don't try to use them on really tight bolts. You can overloaded the ratchets and they don't work so great after that. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT get the ones with pivoting heads. They are completely useless most of the time because the pivoting head lets them slip off the bolt/nut much easier. Every once in awhile the pivoting is useful but 99% of the time it's just an annoyance.

C|

2drSE-i
11-29-2013, 03:22 PM
The ratcheting wrenches are convenient at times, but don't try to use them on really tight bolts. You can overloaded the ratchets and they don't work so great after that. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT get the ones with pivoting heads. They are completely useless most of the time because the pivoting head lets them slip off the bolt/nut much easier. Every once in awhile the pivoting is useful but 99% of the time it's just an annoyance.

C|

Most ratcheting wrenches will say not to use them to break bolts loose. But yes theyre garbage at it. . And I bought a set of the open-end ratcheting wrenches, and they are pretty useless.

2oodoor
11-29-2013, 03:36 PM

C|
Come to think of it the ones i have are Bluepoint (snap on) , i seldom use them to break with unless its something small.

Hauntd ca3
11-29-2013, 03:50 PM
i've got kincrome ratcheting r/o spanners at work.
have abused the hell out of them for 8 years before one broke.
replaced under warranty with no questions asked.
have worn a few out, again ,replaced no questions.
ok they were not cheap, but good.

1989accordaz
11-29-2013, 05:07 PM
A few months ago, all I had at the yard to pull a compressor was this set, that could fit the area I was working on. I broke two 14 mm bolts with the ratchet, and was able to remove the compressor....I figure, what the hell, let's test this thing. But yes, otherwise I don't use it to break bolts loose.