PDA

View Full Version : Converter dropped...

vtec11
11-17-2002, 01:21 PM
well, it happened... the 3g finally broke down..

yest when i was stopped at at light, when i went to accelerate, the car started vibrating and making a loud exhaust noise..

i looked under the car looked like it was coming from around where the converter was... i wasn't too far from home so i drove back home... on my way home it started making screeching noises. i looked again and the converter was draggin on the ground..

rite now the car is in my drive way with the back of the converter still touching the ground...

what should i do? should i even bother fixing it?? or just F' the car... i've taken pretty good care of it so far.. has 203k on it..

=(

help

Mantis88LX
11-17-2002, 01:38 PM
??? just take it to a muffler shop and get it fixed

89AccordNate
11-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Zip tie it! Thats what I did. Or take your flute from last weeks band camp practice that you broke while trying to deep throat it and weld that from your frame to your muffler. It will hold it up just fine.

Nate.

Mantis88LX
11-17-2002, 04:53 PM
:lol damn thats fucked up

dXsquared
11-17-2002, 05:03 PM
just get it fixed... its just a cat... its not like a rod blew through a piston and then ripped the head off and they went throgh the hood or anythin... jeez... just fix it

Travis

vtec11
11-17-2002, 05:30 PM
how much do u think its gonna be??

i think it broke off some of the tail pipe too. if i need cat. and cat back exhaust am i looking at $700 to $800 ???

if so that sucks !!!..

i can't really look underneath much since its been raining the past 3 days....

dXsquared
11-17-2002, 05:39 PM
maybe 150. if you can find a small shop then they will bend you a pipe for like 50 bux. bring a performance muffler and get them to run a cat back with no resonator and ur new muffler. it shouldnt be too much. if the cat is fucked, dont get a direct replacement. get a universal one when you buy the muffler and get them to weld it in place.

Travis

offthahook
11-17-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
maybe 150. if you can find a small shop then they will bend you a pipe for like 50 bux. bring a performance muffler and get them to run a cat back with no resonator and ur new muffler. it shouldnt be too much. if the cat is fucked, dont get a direct replacement. get a universal one when you buy the muffler and get them to weld it in place.

Travis

:werd: Universal cats own!!

dXsquared
11-17-2002, 06:37 PM
they so much cheaper than direct fit.
Travis

GreenMachine
11-17-2002, 11:41 PM
OH no the Cats gone, fuck it sell it to me for $10bucks, its not worth your repair :rolleyes:

Whitehonda
11-18-2002, 10:28 AM
hahaha.... get a test pipe for about $30 and bolt the Biach on, then drive off like nothing happened. Man thats weird I had to cut my cat off with a sawsall, the damn bolts were so rusted on it might as well have been welded. Now I am sporting stainless hardware, it's the only way to go!