PDA

View Full Version : new guy with money

86lxisleeper
11-17-2002, 07:19 PM
what up guys and girlz,
i've just bought my g/f's '86 accord lxi to use for milage to keep miles off of my '98 dakota, but i'm not one to leave a car stock or drive a slow car, so...i need some help at making my car a sleeper ;) , i was hoping that someone would spend the time in telling me which partz to put on that'll give me the most hp without swapping the engine (just not interested in doing that), i'm building my own intake, gutting the cat, and already have headers and dynomax muffler on the way...

thanx for da help,
brian

Nate2310
11-17-2002, 07:26 PM
k&n air filter, new plugs and wires, cap and rotor kit, accel super stock coil, reground cam, upgrade computer, underdrive pulleys, MSD sport compact ignition, and get some 2.25in exhaust piping bent for you. That should be good

anchovies
11-17-2002, 10:10 PM
How much money do you want to spend?

YK86
11-17-2002, 10:36 PM
Welcome! Any pics of your Dakota?? A good old tune up would be a good start just to get it running up to spec. The headers and exhaust are a good buy and I would also suggest a mild cam from Colt or Openloop. You get a great return in HP for the buck (probably the best HP/$$ ratio). I woud also try rigging up a homemade intake with K&N cone filter. Those should get you a pretty good gain.

1988starter
11-18-2002, 06:05 AM
You can make an intake using the stock C pipe look I made this one for a 91 tempo.
The pipe is the stock pipe but it is a crappy APC filter but it did it's job well he car felt much better with out mods we maybe have even broken the 100 horse mark.
http://www.geocities.com/stupidcj/txt/j_intake1.txt
http://www.geocities.com/stupidcj/txt/j_intake2.txt

88LXi68
11-18-2002, 07:58 AM
How much do you have to spend? If it is around 3-5K I would say do a B-Series swap. Otherwise, just get the usual i/h/e a mild racing cam, adjustable cam gear. lightweight flywheel, and a small shot of n2o.

PortugalHonda
11-18-2002, 08:16 AM
yeah ima have to go with 86LXi68 on that... my gf's got a Tempo.... vrrrrroooooooom, yeah it's mad fast... NOT

chronicsinners
11-18-2002, 08:34 AM
realize that you can spend money on this car, but it will never be a real quarter mile contender unless you go turbo or swap, just thought i would warn you. 86lxi68's suggestions are the same as what u would say.

86lxisleeper
11-18-2002, 08:42 AM
i know some ppl that have some turbo parts, and i figure that i can build one for around $700 cuz i do all the work myself, i was gonna stay away from a turbo so that i didn't have to rebuild the engine cuz it has a lot of miles, guess that i'll rebuild it anyway...i guess what i was really askin you guys was where i can get parts (adjustable cam gears, cam, computer upgrade, lightweight flywheel, intake manifold, fuel rail) what internet sites are there for partz on our cars??? dakotas are easy, i can find anything and everything for my dak, i've been looking through the board for different internet sites and i haven't had much luck...oh and i'm not really worried bout 1/4 times, i just want the accord to pull up beside the newer ricers at a stop light and blow em away!!!

thanks again,
brian

Sean
11-18-2002, 09:32 AM
i have the ECM upgrades. email me [email protected]
youll have to contact

www.wiseco.com for pistons.
and after pistons get in touch with www.manelyperformance.com for valves they will be a custom order but not to terriably exsepsnvie. you only need to replace the exahusts. well for turbo anyways.

or just email me i might have a parts pile i can sell off.

Site
11-18-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by funstick
and after pistons get in touch with www.manely.com for valves they will be a custom order but not to terriably exsepsnvie. you only need to replace the exahusts. well for turbo anyways.

The link to Manely is not working. Is it spelled correctly? Someone lend a hand, yo!

socal3rdgen
11-18-2002, 09:50 AM
hand lent out! :D

www.manleyperformance.com/

Sean
11-18-2002, 04:22 PM
ok i fixed my link as well.