PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Accord Lxi, Climate control not switching to defrost

Blainethemono
12-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Hello all. Newbie user here, but a long time backyard mechanic. Just recently, my Climate control module will not switch to front windshield defrost, or other vents. Heat and cold are excellent, but when I push any of the electronic climate control buttons, I do not hear the lil "hsss" of the actuator moving the vent door.

So all i get is heat coming out of dash vents, but she never switches over to the window defrost vents.

I replaced the climate control module, to no effect.

Noticed a busted vacuum hose line input broken off @ the throttle body mount, so inserted a small tube, glued it up, reconnected vacuum line, to no effect.

Im thinking I need a vacuum actuator, solenoid valve, or the diaphram replaced, but trying to identify it.

Any help narrowing this down would be greatly appreciated.

HLW
12-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.

The push-button HVAC does not use a vacuum actuator, it has an electric actuator. Chapter 22 in the 1986-1989 master manual available at Honda service manuals - The 3geez Wiki (http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Honda_service_manuals) has information on the HVAC controls.

Oldblueaccord
12-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Hello all. Newbie user here, but a long time backyard mechanic. Just recently, my Climate control module will not switch to front windshield defrost, or other vents. Heat and cold are excellent, but when I push any of the electronic climate control buttons, I do not hear the lil "hsss" of the actuator moving the vent door.

So all i get is heat coming out of dash vents, but she never switches over to the window defrost vents.

I replaced the climate control module, to no effect.

Noticed a busted vacuum hose line input broken off @ the throttle body mount, so inserted a small tube, glued it up, reconnected vacuum line, to no effect.

Im thinking I need a vacuum actuator, solenoid valve, or the diaphram replaced, but trying to identify it.

Any help narrowing this down would be greatly appreciated.

Check the #5 fuse under the dash. Its a 10 amp fuse. Your heat will still somewhat work with this fuse blown but you wont see any indicator lights and the hot air wont go where you want it. ALso rear defrost/ ac compressor clutch are on this circuit.

Blainethemono
06-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Check the #5 fuse under the dash. Its a 10 amp fuse. Your heat will still somewhat work with this fuse blown but you wont see any indicator lights and the hot air wont go where you want it. ALso rear defrost/ ac compressor clutch are on this circuit.

Fuse is fine. I have tracked it down to an actuator behind the glove box, as the potential cause of the issue.

Anybody know of this part?