PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Tail Lights

Gt-r
12-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Well due to a little fubar(...Okay I backed into a Jimmy) I have to replace the driverside tail light on the blue accord.
Thing is If I can get two new ones for a decent price I may just replace both.

Has anybody ever bought a set of the Red and Clear Altezza tail lights?

lostforawhile
12-07-2013, 02:34 PM
oh lord dont say that here, it will start a shit storm. The general consensus about those things is they are about the ugliest thing ever made

Strangeduck
12-07-2013, 02:53 PM
oh lord dont say that here, it will start a shit storm. The general consensus about those things is they are about the ugliest thing ever made

I agree, Very Rice-y. But, maybe tint them i don't know, it might help. It is your car though man, so you have to do what you think looks best. At the end of the day you have to live to with the car.

Gt-r
12-07-2013, 03:42 PM
It's not mine. I got the red accord. Mom has the blue one.

I am looking at them cause it's two tail lights for $33. Meanwhile everybody else seems to sale the factory ones for $33 for a single one.

2oodoor
12-07-2013, 04:03 PM
As long as they fit why not use them?
Not to jack but im curious if any body ever tried to use coupe tails on a sedan, decklid lights and tag trim too?

lostforawhile
12-07-2013, 10:55 PM
you havent seen any at the yard? put a post in classified here someone probably has one, post on the three geez facebook page too, someone always has a parts car or is parting out a car

charliekuney
12-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Not to jack but im curious if any body ever tried to use coupe tails on a sedan, decklid lights and tag trim too?

For a few reasons: the trunk lid themselves are not the same shape or size, the tail lights are a good inch shorter (height-wise), and the center lights are completely different, too.

89AccordLX89
12-16-2013, 08:15 PM
For a few reasons: the trunk lid themselves are not the same shape or size, the tail lights are a good inch shorter (height-wise), and the center lights are completely different, too.

You almost always seem to come off as an asshole, but damn your info always seems to be on point

HelpMeHonda
12-17-2013, 12:26 PM
No, just replace them with the originals and call it a day! Check with the dealer OEM Honda Parts Online (http://www.hondapartsonline.net/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215743)

lostforawhile
12-17-2013, 05:45 PM
you cant buy brand new parts for these cars like that it will say available then come back as unavailable later

Dynamaxx19
03-11-2014, 11:25 AM
does anyone know where i can buy some nice looking tail light assemblies for a 87 honda accord lxi 3dr hatchback
i have been looking everywhere and only finding crap for the sedans.
mine has the all in one tail light piece.

lostforawhile
03-12-2014, 05:09 PM
did you read the post directly below yours? there are no aftermarket tails made for the hatch,as far as I know there never have been. You have to get a set from a junkyard and refurbish them, they are even hard to find in the yard. You take out all the electrical on the light, then soak it in a big pot of hot, not boiling ,water, soak it, then you carefully pry off the outer cover. pry a little, soak,then pry, etc. Be careful not to crack the cover, the water softens the mastic on the insde and outside of the light so you can pry out the cover

TKP89
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM
does anyone know where i can buy some nice looking tail light assemblies for a 87 honda accord lxi 3dr hatchback
i have been looking everywhere and only finding crap for the sedans.
mine has the all in one tail light piece.

I have a set if interested.