PDA

View Full Version : Clipher seats, and interior restore 1989 honda accord lxi

deathblood6
12-07-2013, 11:14 AM
5727I've been trying to get rid of my dirty OEM brown interior for about a year:( I finally got it to the place I wanted ( no sound yet- but soon) I have big plans for that !
My goal was to restore the interior back to a stock-like build ( sleek) practical, Not flashy but sexy-smart haha :)

I purchased new OEM black carpet from stock interiors with MASS backing 270Usd ( super amazing quality) not difficult to install but a pain otherwise. I shopped around for seats for a long time, and kept looking back at Clipher; finally found some at a third party site for a good deal! just under 300 - Unfortunately - the most costly parts are the seats brackets! About 270USD a pair at Andysautoparts- took them about 3 weeks to build- but When I finally got them I was amazed with the Quality;not only were they powder coated but they included seat belt threads for the stock belts! ( oem belt bolt fit perfectly)

cont: The seats I purchased are Pvc leather, and suede- i love em! i prepped them before install with some suede spray:) During the summer I will be using seat covers during the hotter periods to reduce the chance of water damage ( sweat) TEXAS:(

I fabricated two speaker pods to hold 8 inch speakers instead of 5 1/2 :) turned out awesome !!
now I can fit some IS200 focals in them!!! WOO!! The pods are bedlined sprayed adding a cool texture that compliments the exterior as well. I used the stock speaker panels as a template, and had to do minor modifications to get the pods to fit properly.

Carpet:
Before I installed my carpet I purchased some nice 4 gauge, and 10 gauge wiring; ran all the lines to the potential power sources, and speaker areas so I wouldn't have to pull up carpet in the future :)

In the trunk I bedlined the old trunk panels from a dirty brown to a textured black :) the original trunk plate was removed to create a trap door panel allowing quick access to a spare. I built a custom amp box for my small footprint amp. Bedlined 3geez forever!! I believe I'm the first bedded accord ever ( hahah) 5724572557265728

Dr_Snooz
12-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Your interior looks fantastic! Those seat rails were stupid expensive though. What's the story on that floor mat though? LOL Any exterior pics of the bedliner job?

Janneha
12-12-2013, 10:23 PM
270 wow you must really love your card to spend that much.

charliekuney
12-14-2013, 01:02 PM
I believe I'm the first bedded accord ever ( hahah)

Don't forget all the poor rednecks without cameras or computers...they can't advertise their bed-liner interiors.

deathblood6
12-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks:) The seat rails were truly expensive but the quality is outstanding! they fit absolutely perfect:) I will post better pics of the "BeDdeD" 3gee soon - all BEDDED OUT !:) The floor mat belonged to my father when he use to own a 1963 super beetle- currently waiting on a set of jet black mats to contrast the interior.;)

deathblood6
12-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah,:)- I ˈtro͞olē/ love my 3Gee:) The car feels great ! am cozy, and fresh on the inside- like.. a brand new car ( Ha)

charliekuney
12-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Did you do the interior, too? How much of it?

deathblood6
12-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Did you do the interior, too? How much of it?
I did all the interior work myself thus far. Currently am having the rear seats redone by a buddy via trade- super excited about that:) I pulled all the carpet, and interior parts, and repainted them- a complete DIY rotisserie restoration... sorta lol . It has been a long journey but am super happy with my results:)

Things Ive done myself include:
-rear upper panel redone in Grey vinyl for easy clean
- Custom 8'inch speaker pods front doors ( rear pods coming soon)
- pulled, and installed new carpet myself
- pulled Oem seats, and replaced those myself
- pulled all interior parts, console, dash, everything - repainted them black (fabric spray paint gloss black duplicolor)
- custom wiring all the way around for speakers 4gauge,and 8gauge
- install sound damping in all the door panels including rear + trunk
- made a custom amp carpet box ( mdf + fiberglass)
- made a new trunk panel with trap door for quick access to spare tire
- bedlined the entire trunk area to fit my theme-
- carpeted the upper trunk panel in black speaker carpet
- bedlined all the wheel wells, and underbelly of car to reduce the chance of rust
- custom suede arm rest
- pulled the old oem steering wheel , and now it has a beautiful momo:)
It's been a great experience working on my car- Ive learned so much about it .

Dr_Snooz
12-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Pics!!!

lostforawhile
05-16-2014, 10:02 PM
where did you get your carpet again?