PDA

View Full Version : lowering my car...

hondaaccord_86
11-17-2002, 11:28 PM
heres the scoop...

im gonna lower my car before thanksgiving, so i can be thank-full for doing something to my car!!!

im thinking about heading over to the local performance shop and having them lower it for me. as i believe, they said it would about $200. im not in the mood to lower the car myself, coz i got some left over money. should i just have them do it? or ??????????
help me out!!! i dont want to get a bad deal like my exhuast.

-ed

btw, i would do it myself but since i have enough money :D and no time :( ... im just thinking about having the shop do it.

Jims 86LXI HB
11-17-2002, 11:38 PM
I believe they told you $200 for the labor with you handing them the parts you all ready bought. Otherwise $200 to lower a car is a recipe to do it wrong and hand you a car that will ride and drive much worse. Go back to the shop and find out exactly what they will be doing for $200. Installing struts and springs sounds hard, but it really isn't. If you live in snow country you can run into rusted bolts so it depends. You might want to do a simple inspection of the bolts you'll need to undue before hand. Not paying someone else let's you spend the money better spent on keeping your car enjoyable to drive. The least I'd spend on lowering is $97 for 2" drop springs, $212 for front Koni's struts and $110 for rear tokico struts. Their is a excellent how to for installing struts yourself in the how to section, check it out.

Neuspeed87lx
11-18-2002, 05:37 AM
do it yourself ! you would be more thankfull ..plus its fun and you gain knowldege when you do stuff to your car yourself

Mike89Accordcom
11-18-2002, 11:21 AM
The first time I lowered my car me and a friend did it at his shop, it was very interesting experience. The 2nd time I had a performance shop do it. That way if they fuck up they are responsible, if I fuck up, I'm screwed. Plus a shop knows what they are doing. Have the shop do it if your busy and have extra money. It all makes sense.

Mantis88LX
11-18-2002, 01:36 PM
yea i didnt think i could do that shit either, so i read up on it and asked questions here then took one whole day to work on the suspention and i got it.

hondaaccord_86
11-18-2002, 03:28 PM
aite... i called them up today and they said this...
springs - $220 w/ labor
springs, struts... "everything" - $500 w/ labor
i dont think i afford get "everthing." will our cars be alright with just the springs?

-ed

Jims 86LXI HB
11-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by hondaaccord_86
aite... i called them up today and they said this...
springs - $220 w/ labor
springs, struts... "everything" - $500 w/ labor
i dont think i afford get "everthing." will our cars be alright with just the springs?

-ed

Just springs, with factory sturts? NO.

Make sure they use Koni struts in the front. If you use something else you are wasting your money, the other struts do not have enough power to deal with stiffer lowering springs in the front. The least I'd spend on lowering is $97 for 2" drop springs, $212 for front Koni's struts and $110 for rear tokico struts. DO NOT think you can't afford to a few extra bucks for the koni's, you can't afford not to.

Neuspeed87lx
11-21-2002, 06:35 PM
i still have the stock struts in the front.....the car rides nice

Jims 86LXI HB
11-21-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
i still have the stock struts in the front.....the car rides nice

Your on sprints if I recall. If you think stock struts ride nice with lowering spirngs, you'll be stunned with how much better the right struts will make it ride.

86AccordLxi
11-21-2002, 09:41 PM
Can someone buy me the right struts ??? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasse!!!! I greatly dislike mine.

Alex

jigga225
11-23-2002, 12:23 PM
damn dawg I tole you all that stuff in the PM already and you goin and askin the same questionss

say man u disrespectin me.
WHat u think I'm wrong or lyin
which one
WHICH ONE!!:mad: :mad:

hondaaccord_86
11-23-2002, 04:43 PM
i asked the board first, but then it takes awhile for someone to respond. then i got your message and just decided to ask you coz you got your ride all worked out and everything. i just figured i probably get a better response from you... yay... coz the post goes dead sometimes.

-ed :huh:

Jims 86LXI HB
11-23-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by hondaaccord_86
i asked the board first, but then it takes awhile for someone to respond. then i got your message and just decided to ask you coz you got your ride all worked out and everything. i just figured i probably get a better response from you... yay... coz the post goes dead sometimes.

-ed :huh:

:huh: take a look at the date and time the first question was asked in this thead,...............you had my answer in 10 minutes.

Now if you wanted something other than correct advice, I can't help you with that.
:sadwave:

hondaaccord_86
11-25-2002, 02:57 PM
my bad!!!

Nate2310
11-28-2002, 09:37 PM
just heat your springs

Jims 86LXI HB
11-28-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Nate2310
just heat your springs

No do not ever do that.

?what do you do to a spring to change it into orginary metal and not be a spring anymore? Heat it. Not a good idea.

Chrome_thangs
11-28-2002, 11:52 PM
someone got caught in a lie!:lol