PDA

View Full Version : Light Mod Work

Gt-r
12-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Between looking round the internet and looking here on the forum I've come to a few conclusions.

Engine swap is outta my price range
I do want to be abit faster
I'ma do what I can to my A20 as i can

To this end I've done some looking and on my truck I've decided to change my headers out for a Pacesetter Header.
I've found that the part # should be 70-1250. Which should extend for a 86-89 accord as well as the 85-87 Preludes.
On this I'm also going to put a complete low-restriction exhaust system under the car.

My question is what else can be placed with what I have so far to pull alittle extra out. I know I can fight with doing a turbo setup but that is out of what I want.The way i see now I won't have to open up my engine but I will still pull more power out of it.

Tdurr
12-23-2013, 08:02 PM
CAI intake, exhaust, remove the black box, and a good tune up is really all the things you can do with out opening up the engine at all.

jbabb
12-26-2013, 06:30 PM
not true a good p&p can go a long way and a higher cam lift/duration can help too

Dr_Snooz
12-26-2013, 09:18 PM
I might be mistaken, but I suspect those things involve opening up the engine.

jbabb
12-27-2013, 08:13 AM
only a little

Vanilla Sky
12-27-2013, 03:43 PM
I'd also say that an emissions delete doesn't do much for performance. It cleans up the engine bay, but if all of that stuff is working, leave it alone. As a matter of fact, since you have an 89 with the dual runner intake manifold, deleting that box would cause you to lose power, because you would lose the functionality of that system.

King Peetis
12-29-2013, 11:47 AM
CAI intake, exhaust, remove the black box, and a good tune up is really all the things you can do with out opening up the engine at all.

What black box? Its gotta be emissions related...

Tdurr
12-29-2013, 01:06 PM
^^^ yea its all emissions stuff. I only kept map and vac advance something

MessyHonda
12-29-2013, 03:43 PM
i would not remove the black box unless you are running an B16 manifold or are OBD1. To make real power on the A20 it will need bolt ons. Intake, Header, Cam and exhuast. This will net you around 140hp. another thing is to upgrade your suspension with a rear vigor sway bar and some lowering springs to make it corner.

Gt-r
12-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Yeah Im trying to avoid going deep into the engine at this point. I figured I'll slip by with the cam and the exhaust since the car is both my dd and my delivery car.

And I was planning on doing a suspension upgrade I just don't really know what I can pull my suspension from.
And correct if me my info is wrong but doesn't the acura legend have rear disc brakes that will work on the accord?