PDA

View Full Version : Help me please.

tipo2009
12-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Help me please.
Please see what it is? How to connect it? How should it work?
I now do not work belts and shines light on the instrument panel "DOOR"
What should I do?
Thank you!

Oldblueaccord
12-23-2013, 07:07 PM
The open door alarm is a switch on the door pillar. By the door striker.

I dont think it has anything to do with the seat belts.

1989accordaz
12-23-2013, 08:31 PM
You should be able to manually push the door alarm switch by the door pillar like Oldblueaccord says, and the "door light" should go off.

tipo2009
12-24-2013, 02:36 AM
You should be able to manually push the door alarm switch by the door pillar like Oldblueaccord says, and the "door light" should go off.

No, you do not understand me not the light that shines at the bottom "/ | | \", a light bulb lit "DOOR".

Oldblueaccord
12-24-2013, 07:56 AM
No, you do not understand me not the light that shines at the bottom "/ | | \", a light bulb lit "DOOR".

Sorry i dont think i have that alarm light on my car. But im going to look.

If your seat belts dont retract check for power at the belts and then check your fuses. The seatbelt latch has a switch in it also to know there are engaged.

89T
12-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Make sure the wire under the seat is connected.
Mine is the other style so it may not apply.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Dr_Snooz
12-24-2013, 07:35 PM
You have an '89 coupe, which is when they got really, really aggressive about seatbelts. They put all the seatbelt hardware on the outside edge of the doors (which made them very heavy and clumsy) so they could get around the new US air bag requirements. And boy, did they ever add the warning lights. If I remember correctly, my coupe had no fewer than 3 different seat belt warning lights that came on in various places around the cabin. There may have also been an annoying buzzer. One of my first projects was to have a serious Come to Jesus Meeting with all that crap. I unplugged sensors, buzzers and bulbs until that nonsense was gone. It all goes haywire after so many years and it's just one problem after another.

What I remember doing is unplugging everything in the warning light cluster above the rearview mirror (there's a separate buzzer in there) and unplugging the wire under the seat. In your case, I would pop out that DOOR warning bulb. I'm assuming, of course, that the door sensor near your strike plate is working correctly. If it isn't, then fix that first and see if it resolves your dash light.

While you have the seatbelt spools exposed, do yourself a favor and unplug both electrical connectors going to them. They ground out and your battery ends up discharging overnight. Just unplug them completely and you'll save yourself a lot of hassle. They never really worked anyway.

tipo2009
12-25-2013, 04:47 AM
You have an '89 coupe, which is when they got really, really aggressive about seatbelts. They put all the seatbelt hardware on the outside edge of the doors (which made them very heavy and clumsy) so they could get around the new US air bag requirements. And boy, did they ever add the warning lights. If I remember correctly, my coupe had no fewer than 3 different seat belt warning lights that came on in various places around the cabin. There may have also been an annoying buzzer. One of my first projects was to have a serious Come to Jesus Meeting with all that crap. I unplugged sensors, buzzers and bulbs until that nonsense was gone. It all goes haywire after so many years and it's just one problem after another.

What I remember doing is unplugging everything in the warning light cluster above the rearview mirror (there's a separate buzzer in there) and unplugging the wire under the seat. In your case, I would pop out that DOOR warning bulb. I'm assuming, of course, that the door sensor near your strike plate is working correctly. If it isn't, then fix that first and see if it resolves your dash light.

While you have the seatbelt spools exposed, do yourself a favor and unplug both electrical connectors going to them. They ground out and your battery ends up discharging overnight. Just unplug them completely and you'll save yourself a lot of hassle. They never really worked anyway.

Thank you, I have at the moment does not work for the front seat belt bezopasnosti.Esli sharply pull it will not work as nado.Mozhet bulb glows because "DOOR". I want them to do but do not know how.
And why battery ends up discharging overnight??
Do not they are connected through the ignition switch?

Dr_Snooz
12-25-2013, 09:33 AM
They develop shorts and end up killing batteries. I went through several batteries before someone posted this thread (http://www.3geez.com/forum/technical/84090-parasitic-draw-battery.html) and I fixed the problem. The thread is definitely worth reading through, given the issues you're having.

Oldblueaccord
12-31-2013, 05:45 PM

This is the switch on the seatbelt latch.

This picture below the door switch.

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/6780/91gj.jpg

zenapup
12-31-2013, 08:52 PM
This is the switch on the seatbelt latch.

This picture below the door switch.

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/6780/91gj.jpg

That switch only controls ground for the interior light circuit. The switch for the door light is in the actual latch assembly inside the door (the part the striker goes into).

charliekuney
01-01-2014, 02:20 AM
That switch only controls ground for the interior light circuit. The switch for the door light is in the actual latch assembly inside the door (the part the striker goes into).

^ Truth. I just went outside and checked this.

Oldblueaccord
01-01-2014, 08:45 AM

I did not know that. Good point!