PDA

View Full Version : Clicking in engine bay...

DoktorC
11-18-2002, 09:00 PM
I just got my 2nd 3g accord...oh happy day... Anyway, if I pump the brakes at idle the engine almost stalls then it bumps way up (and repeats) and I get this clicking from under the hood. I traced the clicking to a relay bolted to the shock tower (on the pass. side) and I assume that its an idle bump up but I don't know what to check on the carb...

shepherd79
11-19-2002, 12:30 PM
hmmmm, my brakes do the samething, but it is not that notticeble now. where is that relay located again?

A20A1
11-19-2002, 04:43 PM
Was tje engine cold or hot?

That stupid black solenoid! :mad Im not sure what it was for either but I know that it would not stop so I unpluged it.

shepherd79:
it's located close to the fuse box... I think there is a blue valve or solenoid there as well. or it has a blue harness on it. I forget.. I haven't had emissions stuff installed in forever.

DoktorC
11-19-2002, 05:43 PM
It seems the clicking of the relay is somehow connected to the idle speed...When the idle drops the relay clicks for awhile then the idle picks up then the relay stops....I'm just not sure how they are connected..emissions crap sucks!!! I just want the idle to consistant..

shepherd79
11-19-2002, 06:35 PM
so i get just unplug that thing.
will do anything to my brakes? what does it do anyway?

A20A1
11-19-2002, 08:07 PM
It's not for brakes.. it to control vacuum... but I'm not sure if it's for the idle.

There is a funny orange plastic bit inside the brake booster hose... it fell out and I left it out. i wonder what it does? I don't see a drop in braking performance though.

shepherd79
11-20-2002, 01:29 PM
ok i got it unluged and no more rpm drop for me when i break, wooohoooo!!!!> thanks Mike

Mantis88LX
11-28-2002, 07:43 PM
sweet! im gonna unplug mine too, when i have the brake on the car idles rough. so i just unplug it?? its the blue connecter near the left of the engine bay right?