PDA

View Full Version : Fixing my 88lxi

incane
11-18-2002, 10:00 PM
After having my 88 lxi 4 door sitting in my driveway for a year, I have decided to fix it. I just couldn't bare to part with the car. There is some work cut out for me. Due to a slight seperation of the strut tower and fender on the passenger side. The motor is almost pulled, ready to do some serious welding. Excited about the project and picking up a new motor soon. If any one has ground control on their ride and some Koni or Billstein shocks let me know how they ride. Any feedback would be appreciated. Project should be done by January. I will keep you guys posted.

P.S. I cannot stress enough the importance of good struts and springs. Pot holes are the enemy. :banghead:

Jims 86LXI HB
11-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by incane
If any one has ground control on their ride and some Koni or Billstein shocks let me know how they ride. Any feedback would be appreciated. Project should be done by January. I will keep you guys posted.

P.S. I cannot stress enough the importance of good struts and springs. Pot holes are the enemy. :banghead:

I had the Bilstiens on my car. I pulled them off because they did not have what it takes for duty with stiffer lowering springs. Keep in mind that that's even with me running the softest lowering springs you can get for a 3rd gen. I can only imagine what they'd ride like with Ground-controls. I switched to Koni's and it was night and day better. Do not go with the tokico's either, their no better than the Bilsteins. Now in defence of the Bilstiens, I sent them to Bilstein and had them revalved stiffer. After the revalving, they to were totally improved. If you have any suspension question you can ask them in the wheels/tires/suspension section that I moderate.