PDA

View Full Version : Newbie first post

mikeman
12-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Been using the site since 2011. So I figured it was time to make my introduction.

The car is a 87 DX. Its my daily. Got it for free from someone how owed me money. It seems like it had a very rough life, but I,m slowly getting it back up to par.

So far I have replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostat(which was cracked), plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor button, distributor oring, both fuel filters. Cam seal, crankchaft seal, oil pump seals. And timing belt with tensioner. Thinks to the how to.

Also did both rear controls arms, both cv axles, both UCA, both lower ball joints, both inner, and outer tie rods. And the clutch. Thinks to the how to.

So far the only mod I have done is the no emissions carburetor. Again thinks to everyone who put that how to together. I live in florida so no emissions test.

I plan on keeping the car, and using the site for a long time. Never had a Honda, but the quality is really good. Also very easy to work on.

My other car which is my toy is a 79 Dodge Aspen 360 with a 3 speed 727. With 3.55 Sure grip. Fun but not something you drive to work everyday.

Dr_Snooz
12-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Welcome from California! We still have smog tests here. LOL

charliekuney
12-27-2013, 09:27 PM
I see it's a manual, do you have a sedan or a hatch? Post some pictures!

@snooz, since when did California have emissions for cars? :P

NotFast
12-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Welcome!

I see it's a manual, do you have a sedan or a hatch? Post some pictures!

@snooz, since when did California have emissions for cars? :P

His avatar shows a hatch?

charliekuney
12-30-2013, 11:47 AM
My apologies, I have avatars and signatures hidden for faster load times.

mikeman
12-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Yeah it's hatchback with 191,000 miles. Still gets good gas mileage. No leaks, doesn't burn oil. With seats that look like a dog ripped into. And the guy who I got from or someone else who owned it. Cut the shit out of the springs. I couldn't get out of my driveway without scraping. So went to a you pull it place, and pulled the struts & springs off the car I though had the best suspension. So with the newer suspension parts, and the stock wheels it has a lot of wheel gap.

The idoit I got the car from also had some bald ass tires on it, so one day its raining out. You know Florida right. He hydroplanes into a telephone pole. Dents the front left fender all up. Then gets out punches the window shield cracking it. I did say the guy was an idoit. So still got to get that fixed

On my last trip to the JY I got a Vigor rear sway bar. Still hoping tough that I'll get a rear disk conversion, and some new seats.

Overall it's fun little car That's fun to drive, and kind of quick. The Weber that I got on the way will help with that, along side the Delta cam that I got awhile back. Then a header.