PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector O-Ring vs Fuel Injector seal; do I need both?

derolph
12-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Fuel Injector O-Ring (http://www.carid.com/1988-honda-accord-fuel-delivery-parts/item-8293592.html)

Fuel Injector Seal (http://www.carid.com/1988-honda-accord-fuel-delivery-parts/item-8288356.html)

Should I get both if I am going to fix an injector which appears to have a leak? Do each injector have both these parts on it?

vteckiller
12-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Why not get both and do all 4. You gotta pull the rail off anyways. Rather do em now then one at a time.

EricW
12-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Well if you know where its leaking you could just change the o ring. But when you pull the rail you could develop another leak if you don't replace them all and one of the other o rings is in bad shape. You could get a whole injector seal kit from RockAuto for about $4~7 plus shipping. I've also used a universal fuel injector o ring kit from the auto parts store, it may be cheaper than ordering one.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Vanilla Sky
12-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Be wary of some of the o-rings. I've had many of the ones from the inexpensive kits fail. To resolve the issue, I finally ordered some of the green ones from a place called Colletti Motorsports through eBay for less than I could get them locally. None of the local stores carried the viton seals, including my local Napa.

derolph
12-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I should have been more clear about my intentions. I did, and do, intend to replace the same O-rings/seals on all 4 injectors. I was just not sure how many seals of one type or another are on fuel injectors and what should be replaced. I've seen some kits (mainly on Advance Auto Parts website), some of which appear to contain parts I cannot even relate to a fuel injector, such as flat gaskets. So, if I were to buy a kit, I'm not sure how to choose the proper kit.

Let me restate the question. In my original post, I posted links to two different types of seals. I gather they both go on an injector. Is that right? Besides those two types of seals, what other seals might a kit include?

EricW
12-31-2013, 03:43 PM
From the two in the original post the o ring seals the injector to the rail and the injector seal is at the bottom of the injector and it seals it to the intake.

The kits also include a insulator which goes on the neck it the injector just below the o ring. When you put the fuel rail on it will touch the bottom of the fuel rail and the top of the larger part of the injector. There was also one other piece in the kit that im not sure where it goes at the moment since its been a while since I've pulled the injectors and fuel rail.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dr_Snooz
01-01-2014, 06:35 PM
You're likely to find that the injector itself is leaking from the casing. There is no way to fix it, so you'll be replacing it. As soon as you do, another will develop a leak, so it's best to replace all 4 injectors and seals at one go.