PDA

View Full Version : Question for Carb to EFI conversion

Caddy
11-19-2002, 10:27 AM
I have a question for Carotman and all those who converted to EFI. I noticed in Carotman's how to, he added a third line to accomodated the fuel return line. So I have 3 questions.

1. How did you SAFELY add the third fuel line? Did you drill or weld?

2. In the how-to it mentions the gas tank has special chambers in it. Does this mean i'm going to have to replace my fuel tank? Or will it not make a difference if I just add the third fuel line?

3. I forgot what the 3rd one was. OH ya! I was hearing somewhere that I needed higher pressure fuel lines, so am I going to have to replace my existing ones?

I'm so wanting to convert to EFI this spring so i'd apreciate and info! Thanks.

AZmike
11-19-2002, 02:41 PM
If I remember right you need all the fuel lines and fuel tank to get it to really work right. Without those chambers the pump may run dry during hard cornering and you'll kill the engine.

GreenMachine
11-20-2002, 11:00 PM
Well ya need a high pressure fuel feed line ( this is the extra line you have to run) the new efi fuel pump has the extra hole for the extra line, run it along the drivers side under the dash and you will need to drill a hole in the firewall for the line.
As for the tank it is reccomended to swap it out, I haven't yet but will in the spring cause I don't like cornering hard under 3/8 of a tank cause ya feel the pump sputter.
As for the feul line you can use a stock one from the wrecker or just buy the hose from a parts store and you will also need 2 connecters for both ends of the line - hope that helps

Caddy
11-20-2002, 11:39 PM
Yep, that answers my questions, thanks!

carotman
11-21-2002, 03:51 AM
I couldn't answer better

The EFI return line is actually the carb feed line :) You just invert the flow hehe

smufguy
12-11-2002, 09:55 PM
dammit i was baout to answer this thread, but shit i am too late :mad: